EVGA 8800GTS 512MB

Larkin600

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2009
I have an usual problem and I don't understand whats happening. I just replaced a MSI NX8600GTS 256MB video card with a new EVGA 8800GTS 512MB video card and I'm still seeing adjustment panel where you adjust the VGA information, VGA Clock. Vivid, StarOSD and Monitor for the older MSI NX8600 card. It seems as though I may have some corrupt files, I guess. What would you'll suggest? I've already used Drive Sweeper to uninstall the old MSI video card files twice but I keep getting the same files from the MSI NX8600GTS video card. Would someone please help me with this situation. My new video card doesn't seem to perform as well as it should and I believe this is the problem. Could this be a bad card?

Larkin600

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2009
mousemonkey I made a slight booboo. The MSI information is for the new card I just purchased. In other words I purchased a EVGA 8800GTS 512MB video card but I'm getting this adjustment panel info from MSI. It showing the VGA information for the MSI NX8800GTS 512MB. Do you find that somewhat strange or is this okay.

Larkin600

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2009
I've found some other MSIs in the registry but I think they belong to the microsoft installer. I'm trying not to get them confused with the MSI vendor. Before deleting anything Im exporting the files.

Larkin600

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2009
After running the Nvidia system tools and Cupid to overwrite I'm still getting the same results. I believe the only way to remedy this situation is to painstakingly perform a clean install of my OS and then everything will be pristine, then if I get the same info from MSI after that then I will be at a lost. But let me truly say thank mousemonkey for all the help thus far I really do appreciate you taking the time, thank you. This is a great Forum.