How uninstall from f:drive

Wendy500

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011
Installed a program on removable f\drive memory card. Later decided to remove. Deleted. Didn't use 'uninstall'.

Uninstalled the program from my hard drive using add/remove after I had installed it on my memory card to use on my phone.

Then I wanted to reinstall the program on my hard drive - d:\setup.exe from the program disc, but menu box advises me I have the program already installed on hard drive and insists that install it on "f:\" drive and will not allow me to select where I want it installed.

How can I get past this road block to get it back on my hard drive?

Thanks, Wendy

Can you restore it back to F: drive from recycle bin, then uninstall it from F: Drive ? Or do system restore to date prior to when you deleted ?

me 1

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2010
Even if you deleted it, the reg entries still remain....and recognize the program as installed...
You could delete the reg entries related to the program if you know or have used the registry editor before. (delete the ones you're sure it's related!)

Do not change/modify anything else in there! :hello:

Wendy500

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011

Thank you "skiemb", it did work. I appreciate your assistance.

And thanks to "me 1" for their suggestion. I do no know how to get around the registry. May learn this in the future. Thanks for responding.