Web cam problems

akinganghel2011

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011
Hello,i moved last week and when i set my computer back up my web cam is not working...Prolynkz Pwc-010 web cam...no cd installation disk...when i bought from a friend i found a driver off the internet and everything was fine till i moved...now i get the error msg >8007045a cannot create video capture filter...wdws xp-sp2...can anyone help ? have tried several things off the net but so far nothing works...

If it got banged around in the move check connections else, not much you can do but replace it: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3573172&CatId=130

And since you have no CD, try updating driver in device manager, although that probably isn't the problem

akinganghel2011

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011
thanks ksiemb !!!...got it to working again...i never give up !...stumbled across a web site called "DriverZone"...thought it was probably another scam that finds missing drivers but asks you to pay to fix the problem...to my surprise it lived up to it's claim...totally free ! and it found the correct driver...downloaded & installed and now it works better than ever !...this time i saved the download to my folder where i keep all my set up programs...thanks again for your reply !