Water Cooling Plug?

Solution
Suggestion: Close your open threads (if they are set as 'best answer' threads and only keep one thread open and current. It helps keep track of issues so that people don't have to bounce around addressing the same issues for the same user on diff. threads.

Good luck, let us know.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Something like a G1/4" fitting plug such as this:

ex-tub-709.jpg

-or -

like a barb plug such as:

ex-tub-356.jpg

aberchonbie

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2008

i think for more options in outlets/configuration and better performance in many cases.. heard about some pump tops killing some pumps though.. you should do you research before jumping in as pump tops arent really the cheapest things for a slab of acetal whatever it's made out of..

xtremesystems.org has an awesome liquid cooling community that i frequent regularly..

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
forgot to order a plug

I simply provided the links from FrozenCPU since they have the largest selection of watercooling parts; I was looking for an answer of which of the 2 you were talking about.

There are shops that ship internationally, it just depends on what you are looking for.

As for pump tops, I really haven't heard of a pump top ever causing the demise of a pump. User error from installing the pump top or letting it run dry (after adding the pump top) are highly likely the cause for someone to blame a top. The main causes of pump failure are running it dry (bearing/impeller failure), or over-volting...and the simply die after a while, like any electrical/mechanical component.

humanage

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2010
I finally received the pump today. My MCP655! I put in a clear t-line, as my tubing is white. I managed to get most of the bubbles out, but I see a foam and small bubbles coming up to the top of the t-line, where some extra air is. My idle temperatures are minimum 26c at idle, but my old rattling pump/res combo (RASA kit stock) seemed to keep my idle temps at 21c. I have put the water into my loop about 2 hours ago. When all this foamy bubble crap is out of my loop, will my temperatures drop?

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Did you jumper your PSU during filling? Do that again, and while the loop is running, tilt and tip your case in different directions. You'll want to do this a few times, let it set, and do it again.

Air bubbles are normal and will go away in a few days.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Suggestion: Close your open threads (if they are set as 'best answer' threads and only keep one thread open and current. It helps keep track of issues so that people don't have to bounce around addressing the same issues for the same user on diff. threads.

Good luck, let us know.

Solution