GTX 285 with a 9800GTX OK PhysX on a 750W ??

Hello!

Can I have a GTX 285 and a 9800GTX for PhysX? also both on a 750W PSU?

I see guys going 3 way SLI and have a 9800GT for PhysX.

I see at Nvidia it says the Max Watt usage of a GTX 285 is 204W and the 9800GTX+ is 141W or so, Now thats only 345W so I'd have 405W left right?

Thank you so very much my Secret Genius friends! :)
10 answers Last reply
More about 9800gtx physx 750w
  1. you want to use a GTX 285 and a 9800GTX on SLI?
  2. yeah u can but its not needed nvidia cards already support physx so the difference is pretty minimal if any...
  3. and ur psu is enough for that...
    what brand is it? how many amps does it have on the 12v rail?
  4. No, A GTX 285 for the Graphics processing,And a 9800GTX for the PhysX.

Like the guys do with a 9800GT,or they go 3way SLI with GTX285's and a XFi sound card and a 9800GT for PhysX.

A Xigmatek 750W with 4 18A rails, 60A..

http://www.xigmatek.com/product/power-nrpmc751.php
  5. It should be fine.
  6. yeah i know what u mean...

it is perfectly possible but u won't gain much... nvidia cards handle physx good enough, so by adding a 9800gtx u wont bottleneck ur system or anything but u will gain very little if anything...

the gtx 285 is enough to handle all the work... ur better off selling it and saving for another 285 :D ...

and ur psu is enough it's pretty much the same as mine...
  7. Thank you guys!

Your Great helpers!!!

I wont do it then, I'll just leave it out...

Thank you buddies!
  8. Nica Guy said:
    yeah u can but its not needed nvidia cards already support physx so the difference is pretty minimal if any...

Hardly, what few games support hardware accelerated PhysX take a huge hit when enabling. Look at reviews of Sacred 2, it's like a 33% drop in FPS when the host card is running PhysX as well as the graphics.

OP, you're more than fine. You won't see much of a gain because there aren't that many games out there that support hardware based PhysX...
  9. OK.

Yea,when I'm playing Mirrors edge and run into a PhysX object it slows a bit,Well before it did but not to much anymore with the new 185.85 Drivers.

Thank you!
  10. Yea.

I tried a few things,But still the PhysX does slow things when you interact with it.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gtx Physx Graphics