Playing with the Teleport Shrub...

I was looking at the Teleport Shrub, which lives in pride of place
right near Nina Caliente's (and a few others) path to the mailbox, and
started clicking at random to see who I could fetch onto the lot.

Anyway, I found a 'Default' option, so I clicked on that, and found
characters such as Mortimer Goth, Bob Newbie, Michael Bachelor etc. I
clicked on Mortimer and while he appeared for a moment, a message came
up that 'Mortimer has died on another lot. He will return in spirit to
the place of his death.' First off, what does that mean? His ghost is
going to go play on the Goth lot? Doesn't he do that anyway? (he also
usually floats up to his old bed - which is now Cassandra and Don's -
and *cheers*, with a picture of the bed in a thought bubble - weird)

So I tried Michael Bachelor, thinking that if I could bring him back
even for a little while (and kill him off again!), I might be able to
get his urn back (it went missing when I deleted a table in the 'Maxis
object gone walkabout' thread). Nothing happened. Tried Bob Newbie,
nothing happened. No message, no nothing. Nada. Zip. Zilch.

Any idea what this 'Default' option is actually meant to achieve?

~*~
vecki

vecki wrote:
> I was looking at the Teleport Shrub, which lives in pride of place
> right near Nina Caliente's (and a few others) path to the mailbox, and
> started clicking at random to see who I could fetch onto the lot.
>
> Anyway, I found a 'Default' option, so I clicked on that, and found
> characters such as Mortimer Goth, Bob Newbie, Michael Bachelor etc. I
> clicked on Mortimer and while he appeared for a moment, a message came
> up that 'Mortimer has died on another lot. He will return in spirit
> to the place of his death.' First off, what does that mean? His
> ghost is going to go play on the Goth lot? Doesn't he do that
> anyway? (he also usually floats up to his old bed - which is now
> Cassandra and Don's - and *cheers*, with a picture of the bed in a
> thought bubble - weird)

Maybe he's remembering past woohoos of his own in that bed. Or maybe he's
just thrilled beyond belief that his ugly little girl finally got laid? LOL

> So I tried Michael Bachelor, thinking that if I could bring him back
> even for a little while (and kill him off again!), I might be able to
> get his urn back (it went missing when I deleted a table in the 'Maxis
> object gone walkabout' thread). Nothing happened. Tried Bob Newbie,
> nothing happened. No message, no nothing. Nada. Zip. Zilch.
>
> Any idea what this 'Default' option is actually meant to achieve?
>
> ~*~
> vecki

I've seen it too but haven't tried it. It's part of the code from the
Tombstone of L and D, I think. Maybe someone else knows what's up with it.

Jeanie

Maybe talk to the person who hacked the shrub? Yeah that would probably be
the one to talk to :)

> vecki wrote:
>> I was looking at the Teleport Shrub, which lives in pride of place
>> right near Nina Caliente's (and a few others) path to the mailbox, and
>> started clicking at random to see who I could fetch onto the lot.
>>
>> Anyway, I found a 'Default' option, so I clicked on that, and found
>> characters such as Mortimer Goth, Bob Newbie, Michael Bachelor etc. I
>> clicked on Mortimer and while he appeared for a moment, a message came
>> up that 'Mortimer has died on another lot. He will return in spirit
>> to the place of his death.' First off, what does that mean? His
>> ghost is going to go play on the Goth lot? Doesn't he do that
>> anyway? (he also usually floats up to his old bed - which is now
>> Cassandra and Don's - and *cheers*, with a picture of the bed in a
>> thought bubble - weird)
>
> Maybe he's remembering past woohoos of his own in that bed. Or maybe he's
> just thrilled beyond belief that his ugly little girl finally got laid?
> LOL
>

>> So I tried Michael Bachelor, thinking that if I could bring him back
>> even for a little while (and kill him off again!), I might be able to
>> get his urn back (it went missing when I deleted a table in the 'Maxis
>> object gone walkabout' thread). Nothing happened. Tried Bob Newbie,
>> nothing happened. No message, no nothing. Nada. Zip. Zilch.
>>
>> Any idea what this 'Default' option is actually meant to achieve?
>>
>> ~*~
>> vecki
>
> I've seen it too but haven't tried it. It's part of the code from the
> Tombstone of L and D, I think. Maybe someone else knows what's up with
> it.
>
> Jeanie

The basic information of a dead Sim is store in their urn or tombstone (or,
at least, relies on the urn or tombstone being in existence). If there is no
urn or tombstone (or body) the Sim cannot be summoned into the game no
matter that the game remembers that they exist because it has none of their
body data, etc. If there is an urn or tombstone the sim can be summoned but
will go away again because the game knows two things.
1. This Sim is dead
2. This Sims urn or tombstone is not on this lot. The message is just a
fancy error message.

Interestingly enough if you summon a Sim with an urn or tombstone while the
game is paused you can use the tombstone of life and death or insiminator to
impregnate any household sim with the dead Sim. This is why I have a Michael
Bachelor jr running around in my game.

--
Morituri Nolumus Mori

MM

"vecki" <vecsta02@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I was looking at the Teleport Shrub, which lives in pride of place
> right near Nina Caliente's (and a few others) path to the mailbox, and
> started clicking at random to see who I could fetch onto the lot.
>
> Anyway, I found a 'Default' option, so I clicked on that, and found
> characters such as Mortimer Goth, Bob Newbie, Michael Bachelor etc. I
> clicked on Mortimer and while he appeared for a moment, a message came
> up that 'Mortimer has died on another lot. He will return in spirit to
> the place of his death.' First off, what does that mean? His ghost is
> going to go play on the Goth lot? Doesn't he do that anyway? (he also
> usually floats up to his old bed - which is now Cassandra and Don's -
> and *cheers*, with a picture of the bed in a thought bubble - weird)
>
> So I tried Michael Bachelor, thinking that if I could bring him back
> even for a little while (and kill him off again!), I might be able to
> get his urn back (it went missing when I deleted a table in the 'Maxis
> object gone walkabout' thread). Nothing happened. Tried Bob Newbie,
> nothing happened. No message, no nothing. Nada. Zip. Zilch.
>
> Any idea what this 'Default' option is actually meant to achieve?
>
> ~*~
> vecki

AAAAAAAAAWWWWWWW

Michael is lost! Lost!

And I was so looking forward to scaring little Daphne Caliente with his
ghost :-(

*goes off and cries in the corner*

~*~
vecki

ali

Jeanie wrote:
> vecki wrote:
>
>>I was looking at the Teleport Shrub, which lives in pride of place
>>right near Nina Caliente's (and a few others) path to the mailbox, and
>>started clicking at random to see who I could fetch onto the lot.
>>
>>Anyway, I found a 'Default' option, so I clicked on that, and found
>>characters such as Mortimer Goth, Bob Newbie, Michael Bachelor etc. I
>>clicked on Mortimer and while he appeared for a moment, a message came
>>up that 'Mortimer has died on another lot. He will return in spirit
>>to the place of his death.' First off, what does that mean? His
>>ghost is going to go play on the Goth lot? Doesn't he do that
>>anyway? (he also usually floats up to his old bed - which is now
>>Cassandra and Don's - and *cheers*, with a picture of the bed in a
>>thought bubble - weird)
>

> Maybe he's remembering past woohoos of his own in that bed. Or maybe he's
> just thrilled beyond belief that his ugly little girl finally got laid? LOL
>

>>So I tried Michael Bachelor, thinking that if I could bring him back
>>even for a little while (and kill him off again!), I might be able to
>>get his urn back (it went missing when I deleted a table in the 'Maxis
>>object gone walkabout' thread). Nothing happened. Tried Bob Newbie,
>>nothing happened. No message, no nothing. Nada. Zip. Zilch.
>>
>>Any idea what this 'Default' option is actually meant to achieve?
>>
>>~*~
>>vecki
>

> I've seen it too but haven't tried it. It's part of the code from the
> Tombstone of L and D, I think. Maybe someone else knows what's up with it.
>
> Jeanie

I just recently had this same problem with Bella Goth. Initially, I was
able to summon her and she hung out talking with everyone, but then
later she passed out on the floor and when she woke up she left. Ever
since then I get that same message "Bella has died another lot. She
will return in spirit to the place of her death." I was hoping to get
her back in the family, but it doesn't look like that's gonna happen.
Oh well, no big deal.

Ali

> I just recently had this same problem with Bella Goth. Initially, I
> was able to summon her and she hung out talking with everyone, but
> then later she passed out on the floor and when she woke up she left.
> Ever since then I get that same message "Bella has died another lot.
> She will return in spirit to the place of her death." I was hoping
> to get her back in the family, but it doesn't look like that's gonna
> happen. Oh well, no big deal.
>
> Ali

There is a tutorial at the link below on how to get the real Bella Goth back
into your game, alive and well and ready for action. Sounds incredibly
complicated to me, but might be worth a shot if you are truly up for it.

http://groups.msn.com/TheSims2Database/howtogettherealbellagoth.msnw

Jeanie

ali

Jeanie wrote:
>>I just recently had this same problem with Bella Goth. Initially, I
>>was able to summon her and she hung out talking with everyone, but
>>then later she passed out on the floor and when she woke up she left.
>>Ever since then I get that same message "Bella has died another lot.
>>She will return in spirit to the place of her death." I was hoping
>>to get her back in the family, but it doesn't look like that's gonna
>>happen. Oh well, no big deal.
>>
>>Ali
>

> There is a tutorial at the link below on how to get the real Bella Goth back
> into your game, alive and well and ready for action. Sounds incredibly
> complicated to me, but might be worth a shot if you are truly up for it.
>
> http://groups.msn.com/TheSims2Database/howtogettherealbellagoth.msnw
>
> Jeanie

Thanks for that Jeanie, but I don't have Sim PE and am not really
motivated to try to figure it out. I have enough problems trying to get
Sims2Pack Clean Installer to work. Besides, Mortimer just died recently
so I'm sure he is with Bella now. The hula dancers came for him and
he left behind a golden headstone. Alexander just grew up to an adult
so there is no reason to bring her back now. Thanks again for trying!

Ali