Tv tuner & charter HD box

I just got a big daddy 28" monitor (waiting for me when i get home woot) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824254026

So, I was thinking about using it as my TV as well since my tv is a super old CRT piece of crap. I have a charter hd cable box and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what card I should look at?
5 answers Last reply
More about tuner charter
  1. Heh... Nice monitor, I hope! (I get mine on Thursday). :)

I currently use an AVerMedia Combo PCI-E MCE Tuner Card and it works ok with my Comcast HD box.

I've heard many people recommend the Hauppage 1800 or 2250 TV Tuners as well.

-Wolf sends
  2. hell yeah man this thing is awesome, not a single dead pixel.

i appreciate the suggestions, ill def look into them. what os you running? hoping i can make something work for the latest 7 release
  3. epidemicz said:
    I just got a big daddy 28" monitor (waiting for me when i get home woot) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824254026

So, I was thinking about using it as my TV as well since my tv is a super old CRT piece of crap. I have a charter hd cable box and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what card I should look at?

If you can sacrifice the upper channels and On-Demand, the lower digital channels use Clear QAM technology which is available on several tuner cards. I know this because someone in my family was using a TV with built-in Clear QAM tuner to pick up channels 2-99.
  4. I'm using Windows XP MCE 2005. No idea what kind of issues you may run into using Windows 7.

In response to Crashman, you can connect your TV Tuner card to the Video Out of your HD Cable box and receive all channels (decryption handled by the cable box).

-Wolf sends
  5. thats good to know about the video out i was worried about not being able to see certain chans.

i know of a couple cards comp. with 7 ill try to find thst info again.
Ask a new question

Read More

Tuner Cards TV Tuner HD Graphics Product