Sign in with
Your question

With window vista just installed the sound card is not recognized and the nic ha

Last response: in Toms Network
April 11, 2012 11:11:30 PM

You have just installed Windows Vista on a client's computer, but it is having issues. It is having trouble recognizing and detecting hardware installed in it, namely the sound card and the network interface card. In device manager, the sound card is not recognized and the NIC has an exclamation point on it. The current drivers you have for both are for Windows XP. What can you do to get the correct drivers? If you cannot get the correct Vista driver, what do you do next?
April 12, 2012 3:19:39 PM

download the drivers on another computer, copy them to a flash drive or burn them to a CD, and install them on the computer.
m
l
April 22, 2012 12:43:30 AM

I do not get any sound coming out from my pc or HP L1750 LCD Flat Panel speakers. I checked on HP website, but nothing worked. Do you still believe it is the Drivers?
m
l
Related resources
April 22, 2012 1:27:01 AM

have you check the sound settings in the control panel?

make sure you connected the speakers to the right connection on the computer it should be the light green one
m
l
April 22, 2012 4:08:08 AM

Yes, I have.
m
l
April 29, 2012 1:43:48 AM

Emerald said:
have you check the sound settings in the control panel?

make sure you connected the speakers to the right connection on the computer it should be the light green one

The speakers are with a USB cord. Thank you!
m
l
April 29, 2012 11:07:27 AM

I done that as soon as I did not get any sound, and it is not the sound card. The LCD Flat Panel does not have any build in speakers. I thought I was reading when I ordered the flat panel that there are build in speakers. I had to buy separate of speakers, which now I have, finally sound on my pc. Thank You for all the help!
m
l
!