Sign in with
Your question

Cant Copy Folders to External Hard Drive Windows XP

Last response: in Windows XP
October 15, 2011 5:23:48 PM

whenever i attach any kind of external drive (hard drive, flash drive, mobile phone) through usb to my win xp pc and try to copy something from internal hard drive to external the system slows down and after a wgule shows an error which says something like "cannot copy file....the path is too long". pls help.
October 22, 2011 5:08:18 AM

thanks for advice, unfortunately it doesnt help. you see, my file names are not that long, thats why i can copy within the internal drive. the problem arises when i try to access external drives. system takes forever to access the drives and when it finally does it shows that message "file name is too long"
m
l
Related resources
October 22, 2011 7:11:02 AM

Are you copying files or folders containing files?

If folders, are you copying to the root of the target drive? or into yet another folder?

m
l
October 22, 2011 4:48:26 PM

I try both, files and folders. when i copy i always copy to the root of the target drive.

tigsounds said:
Are you copying files or folders containing files?

If folders, are you copying to the root of the target drive? or into yet another folder?

m
l
June 27, 2012 8:10:34 AM

msabir said:
I try both, files and folders. when i copy i always copy to the root of the target drive.

ya im copying from external drives but it is coming like this FILE INTEGRITY VIOLATED what should i do to solve this problem pease give me the answer
m
l
!