Cruel naming and stuff...

What sort of names have you been coming up with for your custom Sims
(and babies born ingame)? Is there a pattern? Are you unneccesarily
cruel? Play word games? Call a set of twins Left and Right? Or do
you stick with the general names like Bill, Dora, Jane etc.?

I'm still quite proud of naming Vidcund Curious's alien twins
Pythagoras and Socrates. Cassandra and Don Goth's kids either have
Illiad / Odyssey themes (Hector, Penelope) or are named after ancestors
(Isabella, Nicholas) and suddenly along came surprise package Constance
from The Three Musketteers (when she arrived I realised I hadn't even
thought of a name). John and Jennifer Burb's two boys were named after
their grandfathers, Brad and Jeff (becoming Bradley and Jeffrey).

But in my latest flash of brilliance, I was creating a new family, Matt
Riffraff (based on an ex of mine) and his twin daughters. I created
the first one and named her like his RL daughter, Kayla. I then
created the second girl and named her, without thinking, Layla. So we
have Kayla and Layla Riffraff. They also have identical facial
features, wear almost identical outfits and have identical
personalities. I have to keep reminding myself that Kayla has brown
hair, and Layla has blonde.

Give me some naming stories.

~*~
vecki

Dad is Lucas Martin and mom is Kristen Martin (one of the Singles). Anyhow,
I named their son Astin Martin. I usually try to use family names or a
variation. I had an Ivana and her granddaughter is Ivanka. If I don't use
family names, then I use a famous name of some sort. With twins I don't
rhyme the names, but do have them start with the same letter: Ramsey &
Ripley. One of my favorite families is the Andolini family (from the
Godfather) and have only had little Santino (Sonny). I also name my sims
after whatever I am watching like the Sadler family ( I was watching a
NASCAR race).

simplyredhead

vecki wrote:
> What sort of names have you been coming up with for your custom Sims
> (and babies born ingame)? Is there a pattern? Are you unneccesarily
> cruel? Play word games? Call a set of twins Left and Right? Or do
> you stick with the general names like Bill, Dora, Jane etc.?

*perk!* Left and Right? That's almost.....inspired. I'm impressed.

> I'm still quite proud of naming Vidcund Curious's alien twins
> Pythagoras and Socrates. Cassandra and Don Goth's kids either have
> Illiad / Odyssey themes (Hector, Penelope) or are named after
> ancestors (Isabella, Nicholas) and suddenly along came surprise
> package Constance from The Three Musketteers (when she arrived I
> realised I hadn't even thought of a name). John and Jennifer Burb's
> two boys were named after their grandfathers, Brad and Jeff (becoming
> Bradley and Jeffrey).
>
> But in my latest flash of brilliance, I was creating a new family,
> Matt Riffraff (based on an ex of mine) and his twin daughters. I
> created the first one and named her like his RL daughter, Kayla. I
> then created the second girl and named her, without thinking, Layla.
> So we have Kayla and Layla Riffraff. They also have identical facial
> features, wear almost identical outfits and have identical
> personalities. I have to keep reminding myself that Kayla has brown
> hair, and Layla has blonde.
>
> Give me some naming stories.
>
> ~*~
> vecki

About the only cutsey names I've given babies is a set of female twins born
to Brandi Broke's youngest son Johnny and his wife, townie Sandy Bruty. I
named them Spring and Summer. The only 'panic' name I've laid on a kid was
when Brandi Broke surprised me after having four boys and had a girl and I
was totally stumped and wigged out and named her Sissy. Her other kids were
named Ben, Bart, Marie and Johnny. Cassandra married Don Lothario and had
Tony Lothario, then caught him loving up the pizza girl and kicked him to
the curb. She then married Darren Dreamer and had Peter Dreamer. Then
married a sim I made named Quincy Trapp and had a baby boy at the same time
that Quincy had his alien son, so I named them Simon and Sahaj. If she ever
has a girl, I'll name her Bella.

Babynames.com is a good source for some names you don't hear every day.
Some I've used from there include Paisley, Arlington, Peyton, and Jaden. I
created a sim that looked just like Condaleeza Rice, named her Condi and
created her in a family with a criminal mastermind husband named Cletus
Jones and their daughter Latisha. Then Condi died in that mysterious Voodoo
bottle accident and Sissy Broke married Cletus (they'd been carrying on for
some time behind Condi's back) and had Paisley.

Then I created the Oriental Duk family, Fuka and his wife Mai-ling and their
daughter Dahling. If they have a son, he's liable to be Donald. So, shoot
me. It's just a game.

I've downloaded a hack that gives you twins, triplets or quads at random.
If I ever get triplet girls, they'll have to be Faith, Hope and Charity.
Boys might wind up as Winken, Blinken and Nod if I don't get inspired in
some fashion.

And tonight I created a sim named Braxton Hicks. I think he'll try for a
job in the medical field.....

Jeanie

where did you get that hack that gives you triplets, quads, etc. My son
freaks when he gets twins ... I wanna see his face when his Sim pops out a
set of quads... <vbg>

That'll teach him for taking over my game... LOL

feawen

> [...]
> Jones and their daughter Latisha. Then Condi died in that mysterious
> Voodoo
> bottle accident and Sissy Broke married Cletus (they'd been carrying on
> for
> some time behind Condi's back) and had Paisley.
>
> Then I created the Oriental Duk family, Fuka and his wife Mai-ling and
> their
> daughter Dahling. If they have a son, he's liable to be Donald. So,
> shoot
> me. It's just a game.
>
> I've downloaded a hack that gives you twins, triplets or quads at random.
> If I ever get triplet girls, they'll have to be Faith, Hope and Charity.
> Boys might wind up as Winken, Blinken and Nod if I don't get inspired in
> some fashion.
>
> And tonight I created a sim named Braxton Hicks. I think he'll try for a

I've been playing the Legacy challenge and naming the children
alphabetically based on the generation they were born in. I got way too
carried away with having kids in the third generation and so my
neighbourhood has the following:
Caligua (I mistyped it), Cecil, Cassandra, Chlomidia (my husband wanted to
name one, ugh), Connie, Crosby, Christabel, Curt, Corinne, Chad, Colin,
Caurie, Caresse, Camille, Carpenter, Craig, Carson, Chelsea, Charity,
Curran, Connor and Cameron
Then my lot got buggy and I ended up abandoning the family and starting over
(after I got University, there didn't seem to be any point going on with the
original family).
So, my second Legacy family has reached Generation 3 and I've been trying to
use names that I didn't use the first time around. So far I have:
Charles, Carolyn, Caitlyn, Candace, Callie, Cara, Casey, Chevalier, Caiden
and Cherry.

POPPY

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2004

"vecki" <vecsta02@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> What sort of names have you been coming up with for your custom Sims
> (and babies born ingame)? Is there a pattern? Are you unneccesarily
> cruel? Play word games? Call a set of twins Left and Right? Or do
> you stick with the general names like Bill, Dora, Jane etc.?
>
> I'm still quite proud of naming Vidcund Curious's alien twins
> Pythagoras and Socrates. Cassandra and Don Goth's kids either have
> Illiad / Odyssey themes (Hector, Penelope) or are named after ancestors
> (Isabella, Nicholas) and suddenly along came surprise package Constance
> from The Three Musketteers (when she arrived I realised I hadn't even
> thought of a name). John and Jennifer Burb's two boys were named after
> their grandfathers, Brad and Jeff (becoming Bradley and Jeffrey).
>
> But in my latest flash of brilliance, I was creating a new family, Matt
> Riffraff (based on an ex of mine) and his twin daughters. I created
> the first one and named her like his RL daughter, Kayla. I then
> created the second girl and named her, without thinking, Layla. So we
> have Kayla and Layla Riffraff. They also have identical facial
> features, wear almost identical outfits and have identical
> personalities. I have to keep reminding myself that Kayla has brown
> hair, and Layla has blonde.
>
> Give me some naming stories.
>
> ~*~
> vecki

I gave Cassandra's kids Greek names too! I was inspired by Cassandra's
name. Callista, Nicodemus, Demetrius, and Jocasta.

The ones I'm most proud of are those I came up with one night when I was
hungry. Started out with the last name Popover, and wanted "food type"
first names... Wound up with Horseradish and Sunflower Popover, their two
boys, Sage and Fennel, and their two daughters, Tarragon and Tansy. I've
already got names planned for the next generation - Rosemary, Basil,
Coriander, Marjoram, and Saffron.

Then came the Cheese family, all adult siblings: the women were Wensleydale
and Gouda, and their brothers, Swiss, Cheddar, and Hammond.

As long as there's food, I'll never run out of names... lol

-Poppy

feawen wrote:
> where did you get that hack that gives you triplets, quads, etc. My
> son freaks when he gets twins ... I wanna see his face when his Sim
> pops out a set of quads... <vbg>
>
> That'll teach him for taking over my game... LOL
>
> feawen

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=43845

Jeanie

vecki wrote:

> What sort of names have you been coming up with for your custom Sims
> (and babies born ingame)? Is there a pattern? Are you unneccesarily
> cruel? Play word games? Call a set of twins Left and Right? Or do
> you stick with the general names like Bill, Dora, Jane etc.?

I work as a medical transcriptionist. I have a lot of diseases.

And a whole bunch with slanted eyes and pointy ears I have named after
various cats I have had and known.

-georg

vecki wrote:
> What sort of names have you been coming up with for your custom Sims
> (and babies born ingame)? Is there a pattern? Are you unneccesarily
> cruel? Play word games? Call a set of twins Left and Right? Or do
> you stick with the general names like Bill, Dora, Jane etc.?

My latest Sims are Yuri Gagarin, whose bio reads "First in space, first
in the hearts of his countrymen, first to get the hell out of Russia."
Then there's his wife, Svetlana. Don't remember her bio. Then there's
his daughter, Natasha Orlova, whose bio reads "I'm bad, I'm a babe, I
just hit puberty." Finally there's the son, Boris Illych, whose bio is
"I think my sister is kinda cute." There's a new son, Ivan, but you
can't write bios for babies.

--
--Cuth

vecki wrote:
> What sort of names have you been coming up with for your custom Sims
> (and babies born ingame)? Is there a pattern? Are you unneccesarily
> cruel? Play word games? Call a set of twins Left and Right? Or do
> you stick with the general names like Bill, Dora, Jane etc.?

Ann and Geis Polter
(Ann Polter, haha)

Lus & Durai Silt
Rip, Sandy, Choka, Rain, Muhl, & Mirage Dhoon
Sod, Peat, & Bagg Browne
Kor, Salt, Willow, Homme, & Mutha Urth
(guess I had a "dirty mind" when thinking up these lol)

Fargo, Minot, Aberdeen, Rushmore, Velva, & Pierre North
(bonus points if you know the theme here, more if you know how to say Pierre
correctly)

I have to look up my Original Sims, some of those names were a hoot...

:)

---
Michelle
(SeaShel)

free the fish to reply

SeaShel wrote:

> vecki wrote:
>
>>What sort of names have you been coming up with for your custom Sims
>>(and babies born ingame)? Is there a pattern? Are you unneccesarily
>>cruel? Play word games? Call a set of twins Left and Right? Or do
>>you stick with the general names like Bill, Dora, Jane etc.?
>

> Ann and Geis Polter
> (Ann Polter, haha)
>
> Lus & Durai Silt
> Rip, Sandy, Choka, Rain, Muhl, & Mirage Dhoon
> Sod, Peat, & Bagg Browne
> Kor, Salt, Willow, Homme, & Mutha Urth
> (guess I had a "dirty mind" when thinking up these lol)
>
> Fargo, Minot, Aberdeen, Rushmore, Velva, & Pierre North
> (bonus points if you know the theme here, more if you know how to say Pierre
> correctly)

North Dakota towns! Probably don't pronounce Pierre Proper though.

-georg

In article <Vy4ae.3923$mG3.2687@twister.nyroc.rr.com>,
thegeorg@stny.rr.com says...
> SeaShel wrote:
>
> > vecki wrote:
> >
> >>What sort of names have you been coming up with for your custom Sims
> >>(and babies born ingame)? Is there a pattern? Are you unneccesarily
> >>cruel? Play word games? Call a set of twins Left and Right? Or do
> >>you stick with the general names like Bill, Dora, Jane etc.?
> >

> > Ann and Geis Polter
> > (Ann Polter, haha)
> >
> > Lus & Durai Silt
> > Rip, Sandy, Choka, Rain, Muhl, & Mirage Dhoon
> > Sod, Peat, & Bagg Browne
> > Kor, Salt, Willow, Homme, & Mutha Urth
> > (guess I had a "dirty mind" when thinking up these lol)
> >
> > Fargo, Minot, Aberdeen, Rushmore, Velva, & Pierre North
> > (bonus points if you know the theme here, more if you know how to say Pierre
> > correctly)
>
> North Dakota towns! Probably don't pronounce Pierre Proper though.
>
> -georg

Only 3 are in North Dakota. Fargo, Minot & Velva. The rest are
in South Dakota.

Seashel you must have lived in ND at some time to know of Velva. :)

mehitable wrote:
> In article <Vy4ae.3923$mG3.2687@twister.nyroc.rr.com>,
> thegeorg@stny.rr.com says...
>> SeaShel wrote:

>>> Ann and Geis Polter
>>> (Ann Polter, haha)
>>>
>>> Lus & Durai Silt
>>> Rip, Sandy, Choka, Rain, Muhl, & Mirage Dhoon
>>> Sod, Peat, & Bagg Browne
>>> Kor, Salt, Willow, Homme, & Mutha Urth
>>> (guess I had a "dirty mind" when thinking up these lol)
>>>
>>> Fargo, Minot, Aberdeen, Rushmore, Velva, & Pierre North
>>> (bonus points if you know the theme here, more if you know how to
>>> say Pierre correctly)
>>
>> North Dakota towns! Probably don't pronounce Pierre Proper though.
>>
>> -georg
>>

> Only 3 are in North Dakota. Fargo, Minot & Velva. The rest are
> in South Dakota.
>
> Seashel you must have lived in ND at some time to know of Velva. :)

*ding* *ding* *ding*
We have a winner!
Two, actually, for the "peer" in Pierre.
I lived in Nebraska, close enough to find out about the Dakotas, though.
Velva is kind of nice name, isn't it?
BTW, Winner, South Dakota, has the best Dairy Queen ice cream in the world.
No kidding, it really tastes better than the others. The only DQ in Alaska
is 3 hours' drive and worth it.

---
Michelle
(SeaShel)

free the fish to reply

"SeaShel" <seashel@boxofwsfish.com> wrote in message
> vecki wrote:
> > What sort of names have you been coming up with for your custom Sims
> > (and babies born ingame)? Is there a pattern? Are you unneccesarily
> > cruel? Play word games? Call a set of twins Left and Right? Or do
> > you stick with the general names like Bill, Dora, Jane etc.?
>
> Ann and Geis Polter
> (Ann Polter, haha)
>
> Lus & Durai Silt
> Rip, Sandy, Choka, Rain, Muhl, & Mirage Dhoon
> Sod, Peat, & Bagg Browne
> Kor, Salt, Willow, Homme, & Mutha Urth
> (guess I had a "dirty mind" when thinking up these lol)
>
> Fargo, Minot, Aberdeen, Rushmore, Velva, & Pierre North
> (bonus points if you know the theme here, more if you know how to say
Pierre
> correctly)

Prounounced "peer".