Looking for second opinions

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Within the next two weeks BUDGET RANGE: ~$750 USD

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Gaming, also needs to be able to run multiple adobe CS3 programs simultaneously.

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: Hard drive, speakers, monitor, mouse, keyboard, optical drives

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: newegg, but if someone knows of better deals elsewhere thats good too

PARTS PREFERENCES: AMD processor to keep the price/performance pretty good, other than that i would like a case that will survive through a few generations of systems if thats possible

OVERCLOCKING: Maybe a little bit but nothing extensive SLI OR CROSSFIRE: Potentially in the future

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1280x1024

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: I am moving from a P4@2.26GHz with a Radeon 9550 so i figured it was time for an upgrade, i would like a little overhead on the graphics card because if i do improve something in a few more months it will be to get a higher resolution monitor that can handle 1080P resolution. I would like to keep this build reasonably priced while not sacrificing on the quality of the components.

Current parts list:

Antec Sonata III 500 Black 0.8mm cold rolled steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 500W Power Supply - Retail

ASUS M4A79T Deluxe AM3 DDR3 AMD 790FX ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

SAPPHIRE 100245HDMI Radeon HD 4850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Retail

AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor Model HDZ955FBGIBOX - Retail

Kingston 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model KVR1333D3K2/4GR - Retail

I currently have a PCI slot Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE, would it be best to transfer that to the new build as well or would the onboard sound be higher quality than it? Also im not looking for silent operation here, as my current hard drive and optical drives are far from silent.

Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately the combos on newegg come and go rather quickly and this wont get built until about mid summer but i will check for them prior to buying.

At my resolution will the extra 512MB of memory on the 4850 help or should i just save some money, get a 4770 and look into crossfire at a later date? I couldnt find any reviews of a 1GB 4850 on here so im not sure how it would compare.

Im planning to buy within the next two weeks so i figured i would bump this, i swapped out the graphics card for a 512 version. The current build comes up to about $700 USD before MIR.

Any suggestions for different parts for better performance or price are welcome. I currently have a 250 GB seagate barracuda 7200.10 IDE drive but if someone can find a good SATA drive that will stay within budget please do.

well i want a board that leaves my options open, i am not planning on doing another new build for another few years so crossfire is an option for the future if i decide i want to but it wont fit my current budget.

^+1 That FX mobo is no doubt the high performance one...but like batuchka said it will be an overkill for your requirements...
You can instead get this mobo
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128378
And with the money said, invest in High performance graphics cards...
And the case and the PSU that you have selected would be a close call for the 4850 crossfire...
A 600W PSU is better...
Change the case to this...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129042

And get this PSU...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371015

Can easily handle 4850 crossfire without any issues...
And that 4850 now costs $99...