Sign in with
Your question

Accidental Raid Issue

Last response: in Storage
January 4, 2011 9:56:36 AM

Hello,
I was having an issue with corrupt drivers. In an attempt to reinstall the motherboard drivers, I rebooted with the motherboard disk, and now my system drive reports a drive failure and won't boot. The MB is a crossfire. the first one they made for amd processors.
It doesn't say this could happen in the manual, but when you boot with the disk, I beleive it attempted to prepare my system drive for a raid array. What I saw on the screen when I booted was a DOS program with 3 options, which I guess it might have been some sort of formatting program. I backed out of it and now I am at a loss of what can now be done to reclaim that drive. All of my 3 hard drives are on sata, as well as the two optical drives. Attempting to use one of my Acronis image,saved on a USB external drive, the system drive is not listed as an option to restore to.
Is my only option now to re-install my OS? With the drive in this state, is it at all possible?
TIA,
Hope there is an easy fix!

More about : accidental raid issue

a c 96 G Storage
January 4, 2011 1:12:32 PM

Go into your BIOS and set you SATA mode to IDE (no RAID and no AHCI). That should "fix" how your mobo "talks" to your HDDs and will disable the RAID config tool you are seeing.

This should allow you to proceed. Good luck!
m
l
!