Card for Aurora R3

Dan2ze

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2011
Hey, im planning on buying this setup as my 1st dedicated gaming PC http://www.dell.com/ca/p/alienware-aurora-r3/pd?oc=daaurs_f_1e&model_id=alienware-aurora-r3. The upgrades im wondering about is for the graphics card. Would the 1GB GDDR5 NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 460, which comes standard be best or would it be better to upgrade to the (+150$) AMD Radeon™ HD 6950? Thanks for the advice, and would you be able to suggest any other opinions on that system?

Dan2ze

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2011

In a way, I'm kind of stuck with buying from dell because it's their financing and their no interest deal that keep keep my buying interest.

How are the Dell chosen parts you/he listed inferior?

edit:...so I see you can finance at that website as well. I'm also from Canada, it may hard ordering from U.S companies to Canada.

natefostersr

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
cyberpowerpc has financial sht, but they dident approve me... i have a 750 credit score so i dont know why but at least there u can pick that god dam motherboard and the freq of the ram and pic the power supply !

Dan2ze

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2011

I haven't read the news, all i know is Dell is prepared to sell regardless of what you might be suggesting. I know Dell has a 1 year warranty...They don't seem to be very specific, when it comes to question about the system components.