I Just brought a new rig few days ago..

PROCESSOR : i5 2500K
MOthrboard : ASrock P67 EXTREME 6
RAM : RipJaw Gskill 4GB ddr3 at 1333
HDD : Seagate 1tb
Chasis : NZXT Lexa S BLackline
SMPS : FSP II saga 450 W
GPU : Nvdia geforce GTS 240

i jst wanted to knw if my config is good enuf for overclocking..and would my PSU be enough if i plan to SLI in future..
3 answers Last reply
More about config
  1. That power supply will probably limit your overclocking. Other than that, it's good enough.

And no, that power supply won't be good for SLI. Not by a long shot.

That system is pretty darned good, except for the two bottom lines. You need a higher-wattage quality power supply from a good company, and right now that graphics card is your biggest bottleneck. Even with another in SLI it would still be the bottleneck.

I would strongly suggest returning the power supply and graphics card for refund and getting better ones, even if it means waiting a couple of extra weeks for the next paycheck or to beg/borrow/steal** some more money for the budget.

** No, I do not condone theft.

Edit: And you should be RMAing the mainboard soon too, unless you got a new fixed ASRock that I haven't seen any of yet. I'm still waiting impatiently to see a new version of mine.
  2. well i dont intend to SLI for a few months though..so i assume that 450w would b ok..well jst to overclock thought which PSU would b good enough...and recommend sum good brands for psu
  3. Seasonic, Corsair, Antec, XFX (if you can put up with the wierd styling).
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Configuration Overclocking