Default Neighbourhoods

Hi

I just wanted to know if there is any way of getting Pleasantville back in
the game?

I made a couple of custom ones, but wanted the default one, with the
characters as well..

Thanks
Julia

Do you want to get rid of all your neighborhoods and begin again fresh with
the default 3? If so, just delete the whole neighborhoods folder from
......documents/EA Games/The Sims2/ and the game will remake the
neighborhoods.

Bluegenie2 wrote:
> Do you want to get rid of all your neighborhoods and begin again
> fresh with the default 3? If so, just delete the whole neighborhoods
> folder from .....documents/EA Games/The Sims2/ and the game will
> remake the neighborhoods.
>
> "Julia" <julia@suzanne65.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Hi
>>
>> I just wanted to know if there is any way of getting Pleasantville
>> back in the game?
>>
>> I made a couple of custom ones, but wanted the default one, with the
>> characters as well..
>>
>> Thanks
>> Julia

You don't have to actually delete the neighborhood folder. Here's what I
did. Just move it to your desktop and restart your game. Then close it
again. It will regenerate a new neighborhoods folder, just like it was at
the beginning. Your custom neighborhoods will be in subfolders N004 and
larger inside the old neighborhood folder on your desktop. Just move those
subfolders back into the neighborhood folder in My Documents/EA Games/The
Sims 2. You will also find a package file in there called
NeighborhoodManager. If your old one is larger than the new one, I'd
replace the new with the old. Then start your game again and you should
find your custom neighborhoods intact just like you left them and the
original three neighborhoods reset and ready to play again.

Jeanie