Have LG GH22NP20 cd/dvd

allenw1223

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
i had this problem before but don't know how i fixed it it took me at least a day as I now remember, anyway.
I re-installed Vista 64bit and it doesn't see my LG GH22NP20 cd/dvd drive.Vista attempts to install a windows driver but it doesn't work.
I can only use the drive for booting from.
I can't install office etc. from a cd.
In my computer the drive is not there.
LG only offers a firmware file as software for it.
I need a .inf file, a driver type file to install a driver for it. Does this exist? HELP!!

allenw1223

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
I think this only happens after running a vista update from microsoft so I'll just re-istall vista with no updates and they can kiss my behind at microsoft unless i can find a registry fix for it..

allenw1223

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
Eureka!! This worked so I don't have to re-install without updates.
Here it is:
Microsoft Windows Vista
Click Start
Collapse this imageExpand this image
, and then click All Programs.
Click Accessories, and then click Run.
Type regedit, and then click OK.
Collapse this imageExpand this image
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.
In the navigation pane, locate and then click the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
In the right pane, click UpperFilters.

Note You may also see an UpperFilters.bak registry entry. You do not have to remove that entry. Click UpperFilters only. If you do not see the UpperFilters registry entry, you still might have to remove the LowerFilters registry entry. To do this, go to step 8.
On the Edit menu, click Delete.
When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.

ParDHarD

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
I O U A COCTAIL!!!! I've been going thru the every service and autoruns setting for hours - renamed the LowerFilter out of the way and viola - DVD's BACK!! WOOHOO!!!

TRENDING THREADS