Motherboard Problem Win Server 2003 Enterprise

2ndSIR

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2009
Last year I built a Server running Win Server 2003, enterprise, with specs received from a friend. Everything was running fine until we started getting updates for the OS and we discovered that the motherboard he recommended doesn't support the OS. Basically, I need to get a new motherboard that will support raid 5 and my processor -Intel Core2 Duo E6750 Processor HH80557PJ0674MG - 2.66GHz, 4MB Cache, 1333MHz FSB, Conroe, Dual-Core, OEM, Socket 775, Processor

I have a RAID 5 setup and am having some serious issues due to being unable to install updates.

If anyone could suggest some other compatible motherboards that support my OS I would be greatly appreciative.

Thanks!

IS your RAID5 based on Intel Matrix Storage? If so, a Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R or GA-EP45-UD3P (if you need 2 Gigabit ports) should work fine. I use GA-EP45-UD3P to run Windows Server 2008. Other motherboards that work are the Asus P5Q Deluxe (not the best layout for a server) and the Biostar TPower I45, but I prefer the Gigabyte motherboards.