Sign in with
Your question

New System Build Heat Issues

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
August 17, 2009 1:51:12 AM

Hey all, I have a few questions concerning a new build I just put together and the temps that I am seeing.

Specs:
Case: Antec 900
CPU: AMD Phenom ii x4 945
GPU: HIS Radeon 4890
Mobo: MSI 790GX-G65
Coolers/Fan: Stock

Ok now the temps I am getting:
Idle:
CPU: 45c Speedfan set anywhere between 80-100%
GPU: 60c Catalyst program set fan between 20-25%

Load:
Don't really know when the programs are at full load, a suggestion as to ascertain this information would be most helpful.

But ya, it seems the idle temps are a bit high... any help here as what I can do? Which programs I can install? Or do I not have to worry about anything?

Thanks so much in advance.
a c 83 à CPUs
August 17, 2009 2:20:36 AM

If you need to know what your load cpu temp is download prime95 and run it, it'll stress you cpu and bring its temp up.

What is the ambient temp where your computer is located? It's hard to know if you have good temperatures or not without knowing that.

Also do you have cool n quiet enabled or disabled? 45c doesn't seem that high for the cpu since you'll probably be above 55c under load which is normal.
m
l
August 17, 2009 3:39:36 AM

ambient temp is pretty cool, usually 25c give or take 5c for day and night.

Never heard of cool n quiet... I'll look it up and see if it does anything.

As far as my CPU goes, I think its an alright temp, I am really more worried about my graphics card... I'm thinking about buying a secondary fan because in the 900 case, I can add an extra one pretty much right to the side of the GPU.

Thanks for the suggestions for the programs, I will try them when I get a chance.. But I got work in a Few hours =(.

Once again, I appreciate the assistance.
m
l
August 17, 2009 8:03:13 PM

loneninja said:
If you need to know what your load cpu temp is download prime95 and run it, it'll stress you cpu and bring its temp up.

What is the ambient temp where your computer is located? It's hard to know if you have good temperatures or not without knowing that.

Also do you have cool n quiet enabled or disabled? 45c doesn't seem that high for the cpu since you'll probably be above 55c under load which is normal.

Ok, quick follow up, cool n' quiet has been activated (at least i think i did) and the temps went down 5c at idle! Thanks for the suggestion. As far as the underload info, I will test it once I get a chance. Once again thanks.
m
l
!