Only fans powering on?

thespam

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2005
Hello Everyone,

A few hours ago, I thought that it would be a great idea to rearrange my PSU cables to improve airflow and such. After doing so, my computer wouldn't power on at all. The only indication that power was getting to the MB was the fact that a green indicator LED was on. After fiddling with it for some more time (e.g. reseating RAM, making sure everything is tight and no loose cables) I now have it to the point that the fans are powering on upon switching on the PSU -- no pushing the power button needed.

Does anyone have any insight as to what is wrong?

P.S. I forgot to mention that I was dusting the machine with a can of air before I started messing with the cables...some of the liquid gas (before it aerosolizes) may have come in contact with the MB...

pcfixed

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2008
aircan! never use when plugged to power even machine is off, also after you dust leave it for 10min to dry. that's prob ure problem u burned your MB

but dont panic yet, first makesure you have some money for a new board but do
these for now

use only one ram at a time and test each one, nothing?
clear your cmos bios, nothing?
unplug the 24pin psu connector and plug it back in, nothing?
remove the processor (if amd only) and put it back, nothing?
use a diffrent brand graphic card, nothing?

find your wallet..time for a new mobo.

pawz2142

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2008

Never heard of the liquid from the air cans hurting anything on a computer. Unless your mobo is really old, I think you may just have to double check the power cables, reseat everything, and if you have a graphics card make sure to reseat it and check the power.

Are you getting any kind of beeping from your motherboard?