Won't Boot

Tags:
  • Safe Mode
  • Boot
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
October 17, 2011 8:36:00 AM

Hello,
Windows XP, crashed, starts to screen to start in safe mode but than arrow keys don't work. Trys to start normally, flashes blue screen and starts over again. How do I start in safe mode?

More about : boot

October 17, 2011 12:38:35 PM

bandicoot said:
Hello,
Windows XP, crashed, starts to screen to start in safe mode but than arrow keys don't work. Trys to start normally, flashes blue screen and starts over again. How do I start in safe mode?

Reinstall your OS from Windows CD
m
l
October 17, 2011 12:59:58 PM

ksiemb said:
Reinstall your OS from Windows CD

Thanks, but how?? Won't boot from CD in start up. Once I get to boot menu arrow keys won't work.
m
l
Related resources
October 17, 2011 1:29:32 PM

bandicoot said:
Thanks, but how?? Won't boot from CD in start up. Once I get to boot menu arrow keys won't work.

Have to try boot with another KB.
m
l
October 17, 2011 3:29:05 PM

Can you check usb related setting and also keybord setting in your bios, or the keybord doesn't work in bios ?
Can you at least go to recovery console?
m
l
October 18, 2011 12:51:27 AM

me 1 said:
Can you check usb related setting and also keybord setting in your bios, or the keybord doesn't work in bios ?
Can you at least go to recovery console?

I can get to bios & keyboard works but in boot menu & screen to start normally or safe start, keyboard doesn't work. That's all I can get to. Won't boot from CD in startup either.
m
l
October 18, 2011 6:56:51 PM

I'll first quote my upstairs neighbour:
"Have to try boot with another KB."

Besides that:

If you only have keybord access via bios, then:
Reset bios to defaults.
Change relaed setting you find in bios on keyboard and usb devices.

(An odd thing if you want to try:
I dunno if you have desktop, laptop, but if you have a laptop then try remoing the battery, and only run on cable.
I know it sounds strange but I've had to deal with 3 similar cases, where the mouse and keyboard don't work until I got out the batery. And I let it run only on cable in which cases the mouse and keyboard would work fine... try this if you have a laptop, even if it sounds weird...)
m
l
October 20, 2011 4:52:23 AM

Best answer selected by bandicoot.
m
l
October 20, 2011 5:01:01 AM

Quote:
<Everything got snipped>

Impressive.

You even supplied links to get what you were talking about. I like that.

m
l
!