Sign in with
Your question

Coolermaster 310 elite case questions

Last response: in Components
August 17, 2009 6:15:27 AM

Im looking into buying a coolermaster 310 elite case because it's a good price and seems to be decient, my only question is, will it fit those High end 10.5 inch graphics cards? and will I fit it good, dose anyone here have one? is it good? and will it work out for me? if not, what's a cheap case that will (about the same price) and it needs atleast 1 3.5 inch external bay
August 17, 2009 7:59:58 AM

I wouldn't get a CM Elite, it probably won't fit the high end performance cards but you'd probably have a hard time with high temperatures. Most of the CM Elite series doesn't have cable management.
August 17, 2009 3:42:13 PM

The cards fit.
Related resources
a c 248 ) Power supply
August 17, 2009 4:21:39 PM

Another issue might be the width of the case which is only 7.5 inches. A typical mid-tower case is usually a little over 8 inches wide. If you're planning on using one of those tall tower style cpu heatsinks, then you will have problems.
August 17, 2009 6:29:56 PM

well, what about the coolermaster NV 334, it seems a bit bigger and has tool free drive bays, would it work out with a big gaming graphics card, though im sure it i don't any better with cable management
a c 248 ) Power supply
August 17, 2009 8:01:59 PM

I'm visiting one of my girlfriends right now. I built her a computer using a CoolerMaster Centurion 590 mid-tower pc case. It is a good general purpose case. I took the side panel off. The interior depth from front to back (not counting the bezel on the front) is a little over 18 inches. I took a plastic 12 inch ruler and measured the depth from the back of the 4-in-3 drive bay device for mounting hard drives to the rear of the case. The available space was a little over 12 inches. It would appear that an 11 inch video card would fit providing video and hard drive cables do not get in the way. The case is 8.5 inches wide so it can accomodate a tall tower style cpu heatsink. So, a case with an overall depth over 18 inches and an overall width of 8.5 inches is what you want to look for.

BTW - If you go to newegg.com and look at pc cases click on the specifications tab. The specs will usually list the overall case dimensions. Some of them might be metric though.

EDIT - Actually a case that is 8 inches wide will also work quite well. There are exellent tower style cpu heatsinks that would fit. The cpu heatsink does not have to be one of those really tall monster towers.
August 17, 2009 10:20:14 PM

well, it sounds good and all, but not sexy like the nv-334, which also seems suitable and better than the 310
August 17, 2009 10:20:39 PM

plus the nv334 costs less
a c 248 ) Power supply
August 18, 2009 12:27:04 AM

I wasn't recommending the CM590. I was using it as a reference for measurements to find out what the minimum depth should be in order to accomodate an 11 inch video card which is half an inch longer than what you posted.
!