Urgent Help on PSU

Hellow...

Tomorrow i'll be buying my new PSU...

Please help me rate these different PSU...


Gigabyte 550w superB
HEC 500w Raptor SLI ready
Acbel IPower 500w

Please rate this from greatest to least...

You can also add some PSU brand that you like...
12 answers Last reply
More about urgent
  1. Check out this PSU from Corsair.
    CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX 550W ATX12V V2.2 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready $89.99 ($69.99 after $20.00 Mail-In Rebate) Free Shipping*
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139004


    Hope this helps you out some. :)
  2. from the listed, only gigabyte is a known name. but I would also advice to go for corsair.
  3. DriverHeaven - powersupply is a great source of information on this, in my opinion.
  4. If any of them are 80+ certified then they're guaranteed in quality (reliability and power output) regardless of brand.
  5. First one is brand quality but 18A
    second is more amp power. but 20A
    cant get info on amp power on 3rd (more amp more juice)
  6. wuzy said:
    If any of them are 80+ certified then they're guaranteed in quality (reliability and power output) regardless of brand.

    There are plenty of 80Plus certified PSUs which are mediocre quality at best.
  7. Corsair, PC P&C, Seasonic, Antec. At any of the common power levels, you can practically always find one of these on sale or rebated.
  8. So can this PSU run 9800gt w/o any lag???

    What's the better card? 9800gt vs 9600gt?

    Just asking...
  9. Quote:
    What's the better card? 9800gt vs 9600gt?

    9800GT > 9600GT
  10. theAnimal said:
    There are plenty of 80Plus certified PSUs which are mediocre quality at best.


    Show me. With comprehensive load output data.
    If a PSU can sustain 100% 12V+ rail load for 30minutes+ and output between 11.4V-12.6V (+/-5%) with 60mV ripple or less (120mV is the max. in ATX spec) then it's considered good in my book.
  11. At what temperature? Corsairs and Antecs, for example, deliver their full rated outputs at 50 C., a fairly difficult standard to meet. Most others are rated for full output at 25 C., which means as they heat, you need to derate them (no more full output).
  12. wuzy said:
    Show me. With comprehensive load output data.
    If a PSU can sustain 100% 12V+ rail load for 30minutes+ and output between 11.4V-12.6V (+/-5%) with 60mV ripple or less (120mV is the max. in ATX spec) then it's considered good in my book.

    http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/article/2008/11/12/ocz_700w_modxstream_pro_power_supply/4
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Components Product