Direct TVs DVR (digital video recorder) with TiVo

Last response: in Home Theatre
Share
May 22, 2005 3:40:22 AM

I'm thinking about getting one but have a question.
Does anyone know if you have to subscribe to TiVo to use this DVR?
I would like to use it like a "old fashion" VCR and just record a certain
channel at a specific time, I don't need or want TiVo.

Thanks

Tony
Anonymous
May 22, 2005 3:59:52 AM

Tony wrote:
> I'm thinking about getting one but have a question.
> Does anyone know if you have to subscribe to TiVo to use this DVR?
> I would like to use it like a "old fashion" VCR and just record a certain
> channel at a specific time, I don't need or want TiVo.
>

> Thanks
>
> Tony

Directv charges $4.99 a month to have a Directivo. you do not have to
subscribe to Tivo. Keep in mind that the Directivo has 2 tuners in it
so you will have to run a second coax from your dish / multiswitch if
you wish to record 2 programs at the same time or record one and watch
another. It is well worth the $4.99.
May 22, 2005 12:17:10 PM

"Tony" <tonyreo@sbcglobal.net> wrote in

> I'm thinking about getting one but have a question.
> Does anyone know if you have to subscribe to TiVo to use this DVR?
> I would like to use it like a "old fashion" VCR and just record a
> certain channel at a specific time, I don't need or want TiVo.

Yes. You need a subscription. If you don't subscribe, the DVR does
nothing. It behaves just like any other sat. box.
Anonymous
May 23, 2005 11:42:23 PM

Once you see Tivo, you WILL want Tivo. If you want a VCR, get a VCR.

!