LOST FILE ASSOCIATIONS

i know many of u ppl have PC knoweledges so i really want
your help here !

i used some registry cleaning programs but as a n00b i
messed it up and after reb00t i think file associations
and extensions are GONE !!!

i double click on an icon or application or link and does
nothing !!

i even click explorer.exe and does nothing... it doesnt
even recognise .exe 's !

How can i run back? i thought to run system restore point
but i cant cos it doesnt run/open it !!!

Unfortunately i didnt keep backup files after the actions
taken by the registry cleaning progs :(

please help me and be simple in your suggestions cos i
think i ll f00k it up for once more :/

if ur bored typing in here just provide me some useful
links that maybe will help me !

How to write a good post:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Hi

See if the following link to MVP Doug Knox's web page helps:

http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_easy_file.htm

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

"ORGANUS" <organus@lycos.co.uk> wrote in message
| i know many of u ppl have PC knoweledges so i really want
| your help here !
|
| i used some registry cleaning programs but as a n00b i
| messed it up and after reb00t i think file associations
| and extensions are GONE !!!
|
| i double click on an icon or application or link and does
| nothing !!
|
| i even click explorer.exe and does nothing... it doesnt
| even recognise .exe 's !
|
| How can i run back? i thought to run system restore point
| but i cant cos it doesnt run/open it !!!
|
| Unfortunately i didnt keep backup files after the actions
| taken by the registry cleaning progs :(
|
| please help me and be simple in your suggestions cos i
| think i ll f00k it up for once more :/
|
| if ur bored typing in here just provide me some useful
| links that maybe will help me !

If you rename regedit.exe to regedit.com does regedit then work. Type
%windir%
in Start Run to find it.
http://www.smh.com.au/yoursay/2004/06/11/index.html