• Hard Drives
  • NAS / RAID
  • Servers
  • Storage
Last response: in Storage
January 6, 2011 10:41:09 PM

hi
i need to make clone image of raid 5 and raid 1 from my servers and save them
i use ghost but just of hard drive to harddrive or to image but now i need to do that in raid and i think its a lil diferent.. and i dont want to make a mess or lose data
i can shutdown my servers any time i want wich means that i can use a boot disk utility
my servers run win2003 and centos 5.5
please helpme

More about : clone raid image

a c 427 G Storage
January 7, 2011 11:07:05 AM

Imaging a RAID is no different than imaging a drive as long as the imaging software knows how to detect and use the raid controller.

Acronis True Image is pretty good at this. You can download a free trial and see if it works for you.
m
l
January 7, 2011 4:39:27 PM

the idea its use the image later in another raid of the same hardware wich means that i will clone the boot partition too etc
will it work fine??? as i said i only have been use ghost but just for 1 to 1 hardrive clone o image
whats the diference between ghos and acronis???
m
l
a c 427 G Storage
January 7, 2011 4:58:43 PM

As long as the hardware on the other computers are 100% identical to the one you cloned, it should work. Remember, the OS has the drivers for a particular set of hardware. If the other computers aren't identical, you'll run into errors when trying to boot.

I haven't used ghost in a long time so I'm not sure of the differences. As long as ghost can recognize the raid controllers and act appropriately, it shouldn't be a problem.

I guess the easiest way to find out is to try it.
m
l