Sign in with
Your question

Computer wont boot

Last response: in Motherboards
November 1, 2009 8:53:23 PM

Today has not been my day for computers. Earlier today I was getting constant bsods and found out that my memory was going bad so i reseeded it and that seemed to fix that problem. So about 10 minutes ago I was using my pc and then it just suddenly turned off. I MIGHT have heard a little snap somewhere but that might or might not have had to do with the pc.

Now the pc will not boot...i hit the power all the fans go blaring at full speed but they stay at that speed till I manually hit the on button till it turns off. Heres my ri, its home built.

Processor:
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs)
Memory:
2046MB RAM
Hard Drive:
500 GB
Video Card:
NVIDIA GeForce EVGA 8800 GTS 512
Monitor:
22 inch Acer + 17 inch Dell
Operating System:
Windows 7 Professional ] 64 bit
Motherboard:
Asus P5N-D NVIDIA nForceƗ 750i SLI 2xPCIex16 DDR2 800 5 Motherboard
Power supply:
500 wat

I tried putting in an old graphics card I have to see if that was the problem but that didnt work. I also tried taking out the memory and putting only one stick in but that also didnt work.

Also I wanna add that earlier today when I took out both ram sticks and attempted a boot I got a long beep and then 2 short beeps. Put a stick back in and the pc booted fine. NOW i take out both sticks I get no beeps.

When I have the power cord in the light on my mobo is green.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance

More about : computer wont boot

a c 435 V Motherboard
November 2, 2009 12:55:35 AM

Power supply. Don't know what brand you have, but it's a starting point. Easier and cheaper than changing boards.
!