i`ve just instaled university and everything seems to be ok, everything
loads quick, but when i try to enter to household or some family it loads
forever, it doesn`t freeze, it just loads and loads and loads. does anyone
had this problem? i am desperate, please help me, thanks!

marina wrote:
> i`ve just instaled university and everything seems to be ok,
> everything loads quick, but when i try to enter to household or some
> family it loads forever, it doesn`t freeze, it just loads and loads
> and loads. does anyone had this problem? i am desperate, please help
> me, thanks!

When was the last time you defragged your computer?

Jeanie

marina wrote:
> i`ve just instaled university and everything seems to be ok, everything
> loads quick, but when i try to enter to household or some family it loads
> forever, it doesn`t freeze, it just loads and loads and loads. does anyone
> had this problem? i am desperate, please help me, thanks!

The exact same thing happened to me. I moved my downloads folder to the
desktop, and it loaded OK. I had checked everything with the clean
installer, and thought I had disabled all the hacks, but obviously I
missed something. I haven't figured out exactly which item caused my
problem yet.

--Donna

ok, but can you tell me where can i download clean installer please. how do
you move your downloads folder to the desktop, i mean will the downloaded
stuff still work in the game?

thanks

marina wrote:
> ok, but can you tell me where can i download clean installer please. how do
> you move your downloads folder to the desktop, i mean will the downloaded
> stuff still work in the game?
>
> thanks

Look at http://sims2pack.modthesims2.com for the clean installer.

The downloaded stuff won't work in your game when you move the folder to
the desktop... the point of moving it is to get it out of the game to
see if the game does work OK without it.

If so, try doing a binary search to find the bad download. The FAQ at
http://livin-it-up.net gives a really good explanation of how to do this.

--Donna