help

i`ve just instaled university and everything seems to be ok, everything
loads quick, but when i try to enter to household or some family it loads
forever, it doesn`t freeze, it just loads and loads and loads. does anyone
had this problem? i am desperate, please help me, thanks!
4 answers Last reply
More about help

    marina wrote:
    > i`ve just instaled university and everything seems to be ok,
    > everything loads quick, but when i try to enter to household or some
    > family it loads forever, it doesn`t freeze, it just loads and loads
    > and loads. does anyone had this problem? i am desperate, please help
    > me, thanks!

    When was the last time you defragged your computer?

    Jeanie

    marina wrote:
    > i`ve just instaled university and everything seems to be ok, everything
    > loads quick, but when i try to enter to household or some family it loads
    > forever, it doesn`t freeze, it just loads and loads and loads. does anyone
    > had this problem? i am desperate, please help me, thanks!

    The exact same thing happened to me. I moved my downloads folder to the
    desktop, and it loaded OK. I had checked everything with the clean
    installer, and thought I had disabled all the hacks, but obviously I
    missed something. I haven't figured out exactly which item caused my
    problem yet.

    --Donna

    ok, but can you tell me where can i download clean installer please. how do
    you move your downloads folder to the desktop, i mean will the downloaded
    stuff still work in the game?

    thanks

    marina wrote:
    > ok, but can you tell me where can i download clean installer please. how do
    > you move your downloads folder to the desktop, i mean will the downloaded
    > stuff still work in the game?
    >
    > thanks

    Look at http://sims2pack.modthesims2.com for the clean installer.

    The downloaded stuff won't work in your game when you move the folder to
    the desktop... the point of moving it is to get it out of the game to
    see if the game does work OK without it.

    If so, try doing a binary search to find the bad download. The FAQ at
    http://livin-it-up.net gives a really good explanation of how to do this.

    --Donna

Sims Games Video Games