How to wake up a sleeping computer

diannet1565

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011
Hello,
What do you do when the monitor advises that the computer is sleeping and it is going into power saver mode and the screen is black. I can't get it on. I hit shift, del, F1 and rechecked all cords and lines....it won't come on. Power is on but no signal Says the computer is sleeping

Hit the power button for a second, should wake it up. You may want to shut off any power saving to make sure that the PC is actually going to sleep and not just crashing. If the PC locked up and lost the video card output, the monitor would go to power save mode also.

gio2011

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2011

Hello there, Hang man... Will you help?

Here's my problem:

Mouse movement to wake up computer from sleep, will not work.

There is a MEGA TON of threads broaching this topic, all over the net, but none are solving the problem.

The farthest I got was what another member experienced: "The power management tab is there under USB Root Hub, but unfortunately, the wake computer from sleep option is dimmed and can't be selected."

My platform is Win7 - I'm using Logitech MK320 external mouse & keyboard via USB wireless connection.
So, I have to hit the laptop's power button to wake it up, which is defeating the whole purpose of wireless, (the laptop sits some 30' away from where I write.)

Any ideas? And thank you in advance.

Thanks,
Gio