Building new pc to 1300$

Hello,
I was thinking about building a new gaming pc. I want to spend no more than 1300$ on it. Can you help me choose the parts. One thing i want to say is that i like Intel and Nvidia.


Thanks for help
33 answers Last reply
More about building 1300
  1. Check the combo specials at newegg for the core i7. The new p55 boards with core i5 support are due out Sept 6th, if you can wait.
  2. To my understanding the I7 is superior to the I5 and I3 coming down the pipeline. Unless i read that one article wrong!!!
  3. It all depends on your budget. Many are looking for the best bang for the buck; The 1156 boards will probably be around longer and give you more options for cpus and memory configurations. Sure i7 is superior strictly from a performance standpoint, but the boards and tripple channel memory cost more.
  4. o1die said:
    It all depends on your budget. Many are looking for the best bang for the buck; The 1156 boards will probably be around longer and give you more options for cpus and memory configurations. Sure i7 is superior strictly from a performance standpoint, but the boards and tripple channel memory cost more.


    Well, as i said, i have 1300$.
  5. You won't be interested in this (but I'm trying to find a good reason not to pull the trigger - :na: )

    Phenom 945 / Gigabyte 790FX-UD5P: $315

    2 x XFX Radeon HD 4870 1Gb: $290

    Patriot Viper 6GB (3 x 2GB) DDR3 1600: $139 ($124 AR)
    ($100 @ ZZF but it's out-of-stock)

    ZEROtherm ZEN FZ120 120mm CPU Cooler: $42 ($22 AR)

    Antec TruePower 750w Power Supply: $100


    That's $886 ($851 after rebates)

    The rest is up to you. I got one of these on the cheap last week (I got 2, actually - LOL) for my OS and primary apps. Probably use a Western Digital Caviar Black 640Gb for my recovery partition, secondary apps & storage. Haven't decided what I'm going to engineer for my page file.


    You haven't said whether you need a new case or monitor ....
  6. i would get 2 4890s and a cheaper phenom and overclock it.
  7. How about Intel q6600?
  8. why on earth would he get a q6600 with a 1300 cash budget? *bangs head against wall*
  9. Lets see what we can come up with.

    Graphic Card/Mobo Combo.
    1. EVGA 896-P3-1171-AR: $234.99 Free Shipping*

    2. EVGA 121-BL-E756-TR: $209.99

    Combo Discount: -$25.00
    Combo Price: $419.98
    $20.00 Mail-In Rebate
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.230302

    Ram/CPU Combo.
    1. OCZ Technology OCZ3P1600LV6GK: $114.99 Free Shipping*

    2. Intel BX80601920: $279.99 Free Shipping*

    Combo Discount: -$12.00
    Combo Price: $382.98
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.231912

    Here is a OS/Case Combo.
    1. Microsoft 66I-03525: $109.99 Free Shipping*
    (Includes free Windows 7 upgrade coupon)

    2. Antec Nine Hundred Two: $123.95 Free Shipping*

    Combo Discount: -$15.00
    Combo Price: $218.94
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.235877.11-129-058

    PSU
    CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W $119.99 ($99.99 after $20.00 Mail-In Rebate) Free Shipping*
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139006

    HDD
    Western Digital Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache $74.99 Free Shipping*
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136319

    DVD Burner
    SAMSUNG DVD Burner Black SATA Model SH-S223L LightScribe Support - OEM $24.99
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827151188

    CPU HSF Cooler
    XIGMATEK Dark Knight-S1283V 120mm Long Life Bearing CPU Cooler - Retail $44.98 Free Shipping*
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835233029

    Noctua NT-H1 Thermal Compound - Retail $9.99
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835608008

    Did not know if you needed a Monitor, so did not add one in the Specs.

    Subtotal before MIR's are deducted and shipping costs add in come to: $1276.88
    MIR's total come to: $40.00.


    After subtracting MIR's from Subtotal and before Shipping Cost, Build comes to: $1236.88

    Hope this helps you out some. :)
  10. If you want to be future proof, wait till the ASUS P6X58 board comes out. It has SATA 3 and USB 3 on it. But then again, I would buy what is good now, which means I would wait until SATA 3, USB 3 and PCI-E 3 all come on one board. Just get the cheapest X58 board for now and get a better board down the line.

    I wouldn't buy AMD. AMD desktop processors suck. They don't even come close to competing with the i7 920 at stock speeds. Put your money on a processor and good GPU (ie GTX 285 or GTX 295).
  11. Is it bad cpu?
  12. Btw, will i7 work with Asus p5k-e?
  13. masterasia said:
    If you want to be future proof, wait till the ASUS P6X58 board comes out. It has SATA 3 and USB 3 on it. But then again, I would buy what is good now, which means I would wait until SATA 3, USB 3 and PCI-E 3 all come on one board. Just get the cheapest X58 board for now and get a better board down the line.

    I wouldn't buy AMD. AMD desktop processors suck. They don't even come close to competing with the i7 920 at stock speeds. Put your money on a processor and good GPU (ie GTX 285 or GTX 295).

    Asus has shelved the P6X58 Mobo 10 days ago. :(
    http://www.geekextreme.com/hardware/first-usb-3-0-motherboard-asus-p6x58-8570
    http://www.engadget.com/2009/07/30/asus-kills-usb-3-0-laden-p6x58-motherboard-for-reasons-unknown/

    Quote:

    alveos said:

    Btw, will i7 work with Asus p5k-e?

    No, that is a 775 Socket, the Core i7 uses a 1366 Socket.
  14. alveos said:
    Is it bad cpu?









    From Anand

    I believe they used a GTX280 in that review - 1Gb HD4870s in Crossfire will be quite competitive :lol:

    You should have no problems in using a 'range' of 3.2-3.4GHz for the Phenom 945 for your comparisons. If you have any questions about the Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P AM3 and a Phenom feel free to post them in this thread at Xtreme Systems.

    It's an AMD thread but you will find much less bias there and a great deal of help.
  15. Will this case be enough for the parts:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811156078

    Atm i have this in my pc:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817256009

    And it works very well. Is the corsair one better?
  16. How about the case and ps that i posted above?
  17. alveos said:
    How about the case and ps that i posted above?

    It might be ok, but it will be tight when mounting a good aftermarket CPU Cooler and keep good airflow. Since you would have to remove side panel fan to get the CPU Cooler to fit with the panel on. :ouch:
  18. Atm i have Xclio A380 and its Tooooooooooooooooooo Big ;/
  19. Well, I just ordered my new i7 system from newegg on Friday.
    This is in Canadian funds. Using the Newegg.com site is generally cheaper (even including the exchange rate) and the shipping within the states will be much cheaper.
    You can subtract the mouse (mine died, so I tohught I may as well go for a g5), the PSU (no way in hell I'm running a i7 on my 300 watt, but I don't plan on extreme overclocking a xfire setup, so 600watt should do fine) and the case (since my current is too small).

    You could get a different motherboard, but I have a personal affixiation to the Foxconn Bloodrage. Many seem to believe it's one of the best, even though it has a very modest price. I recommend the Foxconn Bloodrage (if not for the performance, do it because it's sexy).

    I ordered a 4870 1GB because a 4890 1GB is 30%+ or more expensive, even though only a 10% (at stock, though the 4890's can OC higher) performance gain is generally measured.

    You could go for high end C2Q, but I wanted to play with the new i7 architecture. Around the same price as a high end C2Q anyways. Thus I went for the i7 920.
    I attempted requesting a D0 revision through Newegg customer service, but I was denied. Hopefully, all the C0 have sold out by now...

    I somewhat choose the cooler because it looks cool. Though it comes with the LGA 1366 brackets, and apparantly it's decent.

    If you want extreme performance, I suggest 2x WD 640GB HDDs instead of a single 1TB HDD.



    So, keep your current case and PSU.
    Buy a i7 with a FoxxConn bloodrage with a 6GB RAM set of your choice. Then get either 2x640 or a solo 1TB HDD (depending if you feel the need for extra speed with file transfers). Then get whatever CPU cooler you think is awesome. (If you're going to have a open case, get something sexy, if not, get whatever works best).

    Hope I helped.
  20. Anyone know when the 8 core will come out?
  21. i was thinking about sli :/
  22. alveos said:

    The PSU is one of the Best ot there (has the least power ripple of all in its size), but is expensive. You be better off with the Corsairs' 750w or 850w PSU.

    The Evga 757 mobo is decent, but lacks full 16x16 speed Sli support, it does have 16x8 speed Sli support.
  23. alveos said:

    For the Core i7 you need to use Triple Channel Ram. Since prices have spiked in last 24hrs I would suggest either of these.
    CORSAIR XMS3 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model TR3X6G1600C8 G - Retail $149.99 ($139.99 after $10.00 Mail-In Rebate) Free Shipping*
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145236

    OCZ Gold 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Low Voltage Desktop Memory Model OCZ3G1600LV6GK - Retail $124.99 Free Shipping* (you can get 2 sets of these for the price of the ram in the quote.)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227365
  24. Wisecracker said:
    http://images.anandtech.com/graphs/amdphenomiix4965_081209165043/19695.png

    http://images.anandtech.com/graphs/amdphenomiix4965_081209165043/19696.png

    http://images.anandtech.com/graphs/amdphenomiix4965_081209165043/19698.png

    From Anand

    I believe they used a GTX280 in that review - 1Gb HD4870s in Crossfire will be quite competitive :lol:

    You should have no problems in using a 'range' of 3.2-3.4GHz for the Phenom 945 for your comparisons. If you have any questions about the Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P AM3 and a Phenom feel free to post them in this thread at Xtreme Systems.

    It's an AMD thread but you will find much less bias there and a great deal of help.


    i7 920 still rocks. Most users will be overclocking their i7 920 to atleast 3.4 -3.8 GHz. Phenom II X4 965 won't be able to keep up with an overclocked i7.
    I would say i7 920 would be neck and neck with Phenom II 965 in games, but it would lose out every where else. A few frames here and there won't even matter. Who's going to notice the difference between 87 frames and 84 frames? AMD processors aren't efficient. They need high speed to generate decent results thus resulting in higher heat and power consumption.
  25. Yoosty said:
    Asus has shelved the P6X58 Mobo 10 days ago. :(
    http://www.geekextreme.com/hardware/first-usb-3-0-motherboard-asus-p6x58-8570
    http://www.engadget.com/2009/07/30/asus-kills-usb-3-0-laden-p6x58-motherboard-for-reasons-unknown/

    Quote:

    alveos said:

    Btw, will i7 work with Asus p5k-e?

    No, that is a 775 Socket, the Core i7 uses a 1366 Socket.


    Damn, I was looking forward for that board. Guess I'm just going to have to stick with my Foxconn Bloodrage for now.
  26. masterasia said:
    Damn, I was looking forward for that board. Guess I'm just going to have to stick with my Foxconn Bloodrage for now.

    So was I and alot other people. :(
  27. Quote:



    you NEED an aftermarket HSF, CCF or TRUE or megahelmems if you want to OC
  28. Is it worth it:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833342001

    And what sound card i should buy?
  29. alveos said:
    Is it worth it:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833342001

    And what sound card i should buy?

    No!!!

    You can get the same results using a Gigabit Network Interface card like this.
    Intel 8492MT 1000MT Dual Port Server Network Card PCI $28.75
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Intel-8492MT-1000MT-Dual-Port-Server-Network-Card-PCI_W0QQitemZ140320175138QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item20abbbf422&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
  30. masterasia said:
    i7 920 still rocks. Most users will be overclocking their i7 920 to atleast 3.4 -3.8 GHz. Phenom II X4 965 won't be able to keep up with an overclocked i7.
    I would say i7 920 would be neck and neck with Phenom II 965 in games, but it would lose out every where else. A few frames here and there won't even matter. Who's going to notice the difference between 87 frames and 84 frames? AMD processors aren't efficient. They need high speed to generate decent results thus resulting in higher heat and power consumption.



    I think you need to rethink your last statement..... Higher heat and power consumption you say?? Hmmm... Phenom II 940 @3.6ghz :whistle:


Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Gaming Product