Just got new soundcard and headset... questions

dragnalus

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2009
A couple questions:

I just got an HS-1000 X-Fi Titanium Pro USB headset, and a PCI Express Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty. In general, things seem to be working nicely... I especially love the headset.

Quick question #1: How do I tell if the USB headset is getting its signal from the soundcard or if it still gets it from my onboard sound? (Does my onboard sound automatically disable itself?)

More importantly, Question #2: I would like to hear my games through my USB headset, and hear iTunes through my regular speakers, which come directly out of my sound card output. How do I set it up so that one application uses one output and another uses a different output? (iTunes doesn't seem to have a way to configure output settings.)

Thank you for any help.

dragnalus

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2009
http://us.creative.com/products/pr [...] 7806&nav=3

as you can see under requirements, it dosent need a sound card

Thanks for your reply. I know the headset doesn't require a soundcard, but I have a soundcard, and I'm trying to figure out if the headset is using it, or if it's just using my on-board sound.

dragnalus

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2009
I see... I guess that makes sense considering the headset is listed as a separate device.

So is there a way to have itunes use my soundcard and its output, while games use the headset? I can't figure out how to assign specific apps to specific devices. (although some apps -like WoW- allow you to choose. )