Windows XP on Dell Inspiron 620

Tags:
  • Configuration
  • Dell Inspiron
  • Dell
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
October 17, 2011 11:03:01 PM

Can I remove Windows& from a new Dell Inpiron 620 and install Windows XP instead? I have the XP disc from a previous computer.

More about : windows dell inspiron 620

October 17, 2011 11:11:42 PM

larrybieb said:
Can I remove Windows& from a new Dell Inpiron 620 and install Windows XP instead? I have the XP disc from a previous computer.

As I answered another post just recently, why do you want to go back in time (two releases) and run a soon to be non supported OS ? But to answer your question, yes you can.
Score
October 18, 2011 10:08:52 AM

You can yes, but it doesn't make sense.

If IP Version6 gets released next year and your using XP you will not be able to get an internet connection as XP doesn't support IP Version6.

Also, why not move with the times?

XP is so outdated (despite being so stable) but Windows7 is a much more stable OS than Vista.
Score
Related resources
October 18, 2011 4:08:29 PM

ksiemb said:
As I answered another post just recently, why do you want to go back in time (two releases) and run a soon to be non supported OS ? But to answer your question, yes you can.

My problem is that my printer, scanner, programs, etc. are not compatible with Windows7, and no patch is available. Virtual Xp requires Windows7 Professional, a $75 upgrade.
Score

Best solution

October 18, 2011 7:06:43 PM

larrybieb said:
My problem is that my printer, scanner, programs, etc. are not compatible with Windows7, and no patch is available. Virtual Xp requires Windows7 Professional, a $75 upgrade.

Then you want to be able to "Dual Boot, and there are many solutions available, too many for me to enumerate here. Just "google it"
October 18, 2011 9:48:32 PM

Best answer selected by larrybieb.
Score
October 18, 2011 9:49:11 PM

This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
Score
!