Sign in with
Your question

System build for 6000$!!!!!

Last response: in Systems
May 14, 2009 7:34:55 AM

Hello! I have been saving this money for some time, and now i decided to award my self with something beautiful. I am waiting for sugestions, on a system based on ATI cards, without monitor, mouse...Hit me guys!!!!

More about : system build 6000

May 14, 2009 7:44:52 AM

Umm... I didn't even know you could buy enough expensive parts to build a $6000 computer.. and the bad thing, is if you did spend that much, its gonna be outdated soon. Honestly, I would just spend what you gotta spend... don't work towards $6000.. just work towards a great computer. The money you have left over? Pay off some debt if you have any.
May 14, 2009 7:53:48 AM

sanders4617 said:
Umm... I didn't even know you could buy enough expensive parts to build a $6000 computer.. and the bad thing, is if you did spend that much, its gonna be outdated soon. Honestly, I would just spend what you gotta spend... don't work towards $6000.. just work towards a great computer. The money you have left over? Pay off some debt if you have any.

Yeahp...not much worth spending over 2000$ right now and you can get an i7 setup i believe with a graphics card for at 1000$...

Now we wait for stupid gfx card suggestions from other users...good news is you can build a beastily system for 1500$? and have cash already in the bank by the time you need a performance boost...
Related resources
May 14, 2009 8:04:10 AM

How about reading the sticky at the top of the forum and giving us some more information?
May 14, 2009 8:05:21 AM

florian3108 said:
Hello! I have been saving this money for some time, and now i decided to award my self with something beautiful. I am waiting for sugestions, on a system based on ATI cards, without monitor, mouse...Hit me guys!!!!

I am sure that a boutique builder (falcon northwest comes to mind) will be more than happy to relieve you of the burden of carrying all of that cash.
May 14, 2009 9:22:38 AM

^ or trying for a Dual Nehalem build, at least it will be future resistant, but you'd need a 4890 X2 card since they don't support CF or SLI.

and even then you'd be upgrading the gfx card a lot since the cpu's will probably last you until 2012/13.
May 14, 2009 10:04:23 AM

^ lol

or he could buy a few of those TATA cars.
May 14, 2009 10:15:50 AM

The only things worth spending that much money on, IMO, are high-end audio and visual components. These have a much longer economical lifespan than computing products. But even then 6000 dollars is probably a waste of your money.

You would be better off buying a new modest PC every year. You would end up with a continuous up-to-date system and in the end you have multiple systems instead of one, which you can use yourself or phase out and sell or give away.
May 14, 2009 11:52:41 AM

^ Nope, apparently there will be SLI support aswell.

That would be a very future resistant build, dual 3.2ghz nehalem processors, a couple of 4890 x2's when they come out, 192GB of ram (6x32GB when those 32GB samsung DIMM's come out).
May 14, 2009 12:18:10 PM

wtf would anyone do with 192gigs of ram???? or even dual 3.2ghz nehalem processors. But then again imagine the braging rites you would get with a system like that... Anyways if you want to spend 6 grand on a pc check out this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96dWOEa4Djs The parts it uses are outdated now but still its one hell of a screamin system. Also check this video its pretty cool to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wB0JodKgZ0A you should probley take note of the warning though...
May 14, 2009 2:14:43 PM

Hello_world, nice, haven't heard that yet

and rav3n, you could make a ram disk and play games off of it, imagine, next to no load times
May 14, 2009 2:34:17 PM

^ yeah but there aren't any ramdisk's which could hold that much ram that I can find.

and the only affordable ramdisk is Gigabyte's iRam and that takes DDR dimm's with a max of 4GB.
May 14, 2009 7:37:08 PM

Helloworld_98, it's just a driver for windows that microsoft initially made, then another company made one that can be used in xp/vista and have a larger capacity than 2GB (microsoft's initial limitation)
!