Wall and floor coverings options have disappeared

Hi there,

I hope someone can help.

We've been running Sims 2 without any probs until yesterday when all of
a sudden the floor and wall covering options are no longer displayed and
all existing houses have lost their wall and floor coverings eg carpets,
tiles etc. Everything seems to be working OK just those two building
tools.

Is there a simple remedy for this problem?

Regards
Henry
4 answers Last reply
More about wall floor coverings options disappeared

    Did you overwrite any of your game files? I incorrectly over wrote my
    wall file for the full length windows that I downloaded from Mod the
    sims 2 and all of my walls turned to fences and I lost the ability to
    do walls, however floors were ok.
    I did a reinstall before I figured out what had happened, and I was
    sure this was it because it was the last thing I had done.
    I corrected the wall file and everything is working the way it should.

    They would had to have edited it themselves. I opened my wall.txt file
    and pasted the info I needed for the full length windows.
    Not something you do unintentionally that I know of.

    Not sure. My kids were playing it and they reckon they didn't do anything.

    How did you correct the wall file?

    Regards
    Henry

    JulyRaine wrote:

    > Did you overwrite any of your game files? I incorrectly over wrote my
    > wall file for the full length windows that I downloaded from Mod the
    > sims 2 and all of my walls turned to fences and I lost the ability to
    > do walls, however floors were ok.
    > I did a reinstall before I figured out what had happened, and I was
    > sure this was it because it was the last thing I had done.
    > I corrected the wall file and everything is working the way it should.
  4. You can correct it if you don't know what it is or don't find the original file online. If not, you just have to reinstall the game.
    Marius
    http://www.revetementagro.com/en/services/consultation-en/

Sims Games Video Games