how to send local video

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

hi dear

i have a some video movies it has a really huge size i cant send it directly
to my borther living in UK. ( I in Pakistan ). it is one hour video and its
size is round about 700 MB . i am using a dialup connection . is tehre any
software that could be used as a virtual camera instead of a reall camerea
and that should stream local videos badly need such program no such option
in msn messenger or anything else searched google for virtaul webcam but of
no use just waste of time so if u people have any solution ?????

thanks in advance

Have you thought about setting up an FTP server so that
he can just download the file from you? Cerebrus makes a
free FTP server that's easy to use and good in a pinch.

Try a CD-R or DVD, UPS or FedX is faster than dialup.

| Have you thought about setting up an FTP server so that
| he can just download the file from you? Cerebrus makes a
| free FTP server that's easy to use and good in a pinch.

i already told that i am using dialup and it is not so fast so i want to
avoid the downlading and uploading of 800 mb heafty download .......... also
dont want to use the fedx or somother courier i..................so please
tell me some sort of software that can work as a real camere instead of
caputring my pic it should capture local srtored media ..................

> Try a CD-R or DVD, UPS or FedX is faster than dialup.
>

> <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | Have you thought about setting up an FTP server so that
> | he can just download the file from you? Cerebrus makes a
> | free FTP server that's easy to use and good in a pinch.

There isn't anything, maybe you need a witch and some magic.

N wrote:
> i already told that i am using dialup and it is not so fast so i want
> to avoid the downlading and uploading of 800 mb heafty download
> .......... also dont want to use the fedx or somother courier
> i..................so please tell me some sort of software that can
> work as a real camere instead of caputring my pic it should capture
> local srtored media ..................

Why would you want to stream 700MB of video? it will send about 1/50th of a
frame a second from you.

You can convert it into RealPlayer media or something.. Maybe.
Or you can just setup a web page and stream it from there.. You can find
instructions on the web - Google it.

However, in the three weeks it takes them to see it (without sleep or food
and if you stay connected the whole time), you could have sent them several
copies.

--
<- Shenan ->

If you stream it, you're still going to have to upload it, either as that
direct stream (in which case, you're going to have to keep you connection
alive for as long as the other person is attempting to see the video) or to
some website where others can see it. And it's going to be a long process,
either way. Saying that you want to stream it doesn't make your dialup
connection any faster.

You might find some software to compress the file so it's smaller, but then
quality is going to suffer.

Copying it to a CD and mailing it is starting to sound like a good idea.

"N" <kk@kk.co> wrote in message news:ewW7POaUEHA.384@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> i already told that i am using dialup and it is not so fast so i want to
> avoid the downlading and uploading of 800 mb heafty download ..........
also
> dont want to use the fedx or somother courier i..................so please
> tell me some sort of software that can work as a real camere instead of
> caputring my pic it should capture local srtored media ..................
>

> "Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm> wrote in message
> > Try a CD-R or DVD, UPS or FedX is faster than dialup.
> >

> > <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > | Have you thought about setting up an FTP server so that
> > | he can just download the file from you? Cerebrus makes a
> > | free FTP server that's easy to use and good in a pinch.

So what your really looking for is a program that turns dialup into
broadband.

"N" <kk@kk.co> wrote in message news:ewW7POaUEHA.384@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> i already told that i am using dialup and it is not so fast so i want to
> avoid the downlading and uploading of 800 mb heafty download ..........
also
> dont want to use the fedx or somother courier i..................so please
> tell me some sort of software that can work as a real camere instead of
> caputring my pic it should capture local srtored media ..................
>

> "Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm> wrote in message
> > Try a CD-R or DVD, UPS or FedX is faster than dialup.
> >

> > <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > | Have you thought about setting up an FTP server so that
> > | he can just download the file from you? Cerebrus makes a
> > | free FTP server that's easy to use and good in a pinch.

all answers are 101 % Irrelevent and just a joke on me ( i think ) i simply
asked for a virtual type camera , a software based camera that runs no local
pc ( again a software not a hardware camera ) and it captures whatevere it
is set to capture. this capturing should be like a real camere............ i
heard in some magazine a (almost ) year ago that there is some software that
would act as a camera i dont remmeber its name exactly neither i remember
which magzine that was because there are a lot of magazines in the
library........ hope this would clearify the question

"JBM" <jmanning95@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> So what your really looking for is a program that turns dialup into
> broadband.
>
> "N" <kk@kk.co> wrote in message
> > i already told that i am using dialup and it is not so fast so i want to
> > avoid the downlading and uploading of 800 mb heafty download ..........
> also
> > dont want to use the fedx or somother courier i..................so
please
> > tell me some sort of software that can work as a real camere instead of
> > caputring my pic it should capture local srtored media
> >

> > "Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm> wrote in message
> > > Try a CD-R or DVD, UPS or FedX is faster than dialup.
> > >

> > > <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Now I'm totally confused.

You want a software based camera, not a hardware camera, that runs no local
pc...what does it run on? You need something for the software to run on.
Unless you're saying the software should run on the remote PC? Which doesn't
make sense either.

And I can't imagine how you'd run a camera without hardware, just software,
you need some sort of lens to capture your video, and some sort of storage
to save the image, either film, memory, hard drive. So the lens/video
capture part is hardware and the storage end of it has to be hardware of
some sort. Unless you're thinking this camera is going to send the video
directly to the other person, but that's still going to require some sort of
hardware. And if it's streaming live, both of you would have to be online at
the same time.

And no, I don't think anyone is joking. You want to send the info over the
internet to someone, and no matter how this video is captured, you still
have to send it over the internet, and all you've got is dial-up. No matter
what device you use to capture the video, it's not going to transfer the
video any faster than your connection.

Unless you're thinking there's some sort of camera that connects directly to
the internet? You still would be using whatever connection you have, which
is still dial-up, unless you're going to buy a better connection for the
camera's use. And I'm not aware of any camera that would connect directly.
You could get a web cam, but that connects through your computer.

The only thing even remotely like a type of software that captures video
without any hardware would be software that would capture what you're doing
on your computer. It captures the desktop and was used for demonstrations of
how to use software, etc, that captured the mouse moving, etc. I don't even
know if that's available any more. But it seemed like you wanted to send
actual videos. There is software that will grab video and/or stills from a
camera and turn it into movies, slideshows, etc. But the pictures come from
somewhere...like a hardware camera.

Maybe you're not explaining this so that I understand. You started out
wanting a way to send a video that you already have, but now you're asking
about a camera...

But really, no one is joking with you. I think we're all just a little bit
baffled as to what you want.

"N" <kk@kk.co> wrote in message
> all answers are 101 % Irrelevent and just a joke on me ( i think ) i
simply
> asked for a virtual type camera , a software based camera that runs no
local
> pc ( again a software not a hardware camera ) and it captures whatevere it
> is set to capture. this capturing should be like a real camere............
> heard in some magazine a (almost ) year ago that there is some software
that
> would act as a camera i dont remmeber its name exactly neither i remember
> which magzine that was because there are a lot of magazines in the
> library........ hope this would clearify the question
>

> "JBM" <jmanning95@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > So what your really looking for is a program that turns dialup into
> > broadband.
> >
> > "N" <kk@kk.co> wrote in message
> > > i already told that i am using dialup and it is not so fast so i want
> > > avoid the downlading and uploading of 800 mb heafty download
> > also
> > > dont want to use the fedx or somother courier i..................so
> please
> > > tell me some sort of software that can work as a real camere instead
of
> > > caputring my pic it should capture local srtored media
> > >

> > > "Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm> wrote in message

The issue is that there is no magic pill or software that
will send data faster than the quality and type of the
Internet connection.
A camera that can take pictures at 240x320 will still create
huge files. Using the dial-up you said you have will send
at 33 Kbps, which means that each picture frame take 20
seconds to send. The video camera takes 20-30 fps, so one
minute of video will take 5-10 minutes to send.
You will need to use some form of digital compression such
as MPEG or DivX to encode the video and 320x240 is a very
small picture, 640x480 is watchable, but requires 4 times as
much time so send.
As I said before, since you ruled out spending any more
money, there is no means of sending streaming video cheaply
half-way around the world. Typical webcams send a still
picture of 320x240 and update the frame every 10 seconds or
so. It is very jerky. If you have broadband, your upload
speed is usually capped at 300-500 kbps so you can send
faster.

If these are home movies, the fastest high quality method is
the DVD-R sent daily by FedEx or DHL, or UPS.

N wrote:
> all answers are 101 % Irrelevent and just a joke on me ( i think ) i
> simply asked for a virtual type camera , a software based camera that
> runs no local pc ( again a software not a hardware camera ) and it
> captures whatevere it is set to capture. this capturing should be
> like a real camere............ i heard in some magazine a (almost )
> year ago that there is some software that would act as a camera i
> dont remmeber its name exactly neither i remember which magzine that
> was because there are a lot of magazines in the library........ hope
> this would clearify the question

Now I am thinking someone (you) is just being a smart@$$. People have given
you answers based on your original post and follow ups. We are telling you
what a bad idea it would be to send this 700MB file over dial up.. There
will be loss of quality and definitely a time consuming process (days..)

However, if you had just done your own homework using your own words
(meaning you put what you said in a Google search) you might have come upon
this software:

VirtualCamera
http://www.soundmorning.com/

It is not free, but it seems to be what you are asking about.

--
<- Shenan ->

I understand what you mean. People he is looking for a virtual camera, or to
clarify this he wants a driver that will make windows think it is a real
cammera but he will connect a video file to the virtual camera instead of
getting the image from a real web cam.
For instance he wants to make netmeeting show his video instead of a web
cam.
This is theoretically possible and is a valid question. I dont see why some
people here cannot understand it.

There are drivers for virtual cds, that make your ISO file look like its a
cdrom connected to your computer, why not have a virtual camera?

--

Hope this helps. Let us know.
_____________

---

"N" <kk@kk.co> wrote in message
> all answers are 101 % Irrelevent and just a joke on me ( i think ) i
simply
> asked for a virtual type camera , a software based camera that runs no
local
> pc ( again a software not a hardware camera ) and it captures whatevere it
> is set to capture. this capturing should be like a real camere............
> heard in some magazine a (almost ) year ago that there is some software
that
> would act as a camera i dont remmeber its name exactly neither i remember
> which magzine that was because there are a lot of magazines in the
> library........ hope this would clearify the question
>

> "JBM" <jmanning95@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > So what your really looking for is a program that turns dialup into
> > broadband.
> >
> > "N" <kk@kk.co> wrote in message
> > > i already told that i am using dialup and it is not so fast so i want
> > > avoid the downlading and uploading of 800 mb heafty download
> > also
> > > dont want to use the fedx or somother courier i..................so
> please
> > > tell me some sort of software that can work as a real camere instead
of
> > > caputring my pic it should capture local srtored media
> > >

> > > "Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm> wrote in message

The issue is he has dial-up from a distance of 6,000 miles.
He can take his pictures with a still camera or a video cam,
he can have software on a fast computer that will compress
the frames and create a movie, but it will still take 24
hours to send one hour of poor quality video by dial up, if
the connection can be kept in service.

The TV news people spend millions of dollars monthly to send
video from remote locations. Here in Kansas the TV stations
buy trucks with antennas that send directly to satellites in
orbit and these cost lots of money to operate and rent time
on the network. They use microwave to send video shorter
distances, but there is no free or even inexpensive method
to send video 6,000 miles.

"Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in message
| I understand what you mean. People he is looking for a
virtual camera, or to
| clarify this he wants a driver that will make windows
think it is a real
| cammera but he will connect a video file to the virtual
camera instead of
| getting the image from a real web cam.
| For instance he wants to make netmeeting show his video
instead of a web
| cam.
| This is theoretically possible and is a valid question. I
dont see why some
| people here cannot understand it.
|
| There are drivers for virtual cds, that make your ISO file
look like its a
| cdrom connected to your computer, why not have a virtual
camera?

| --
|
| Hope this helps. Let us know.
| _____________
| Kenny S
| www.computerboom.net
| FREE programs and MORE!
|
| ---
|
| "N" <kk@kk.co> wrote in message
| > all answers are 101 % Irrelevent and just a joke on me
( i think ) i
| simply
| > asked for a virtual type camera , a software based
camera that runs no
| local
| > pc ( again a software not a hardware camera ) and it
captures whatevere it
| > is set to capture. this capturing should be like a real
camere............
| > heard in some magazine a (almost ) year ago that there
is some software
| that
| > would act as a camera i dont remmeber its name exactly
neither i remember
| > which magzine that was because there are a lot of
magazines in the
| > library........ hope this would clearify the question
| >

| > "JBM" <jmanning95@hotmail.com> wrote in message
| > > So what your really looking for is a program that
turns dialup into
| > > broadband.
| > >
| > > "N" <kk@kk.co> wrote in message
so fast so i want
download
| > > also
i..................so
| > please
real camere instead
| of
media

dialup.

message
so that
Cerebrus makes a

Hmmm...

Interesting. When I think of a camera, I think of something that captures
photos, videos, etc., from a live source. I would have never thought of what
you're describing as a camera, but more of a player, since it's really just
playing the existing video and perhaps converting the format so it can be
sent via a chat or whatever. If you don't already have either the original
video on the computer, or an external "real" camera to capture video, this
virtual camera couldn't do anything.

And the last post that said no camera hardware and no computer really had me
baffled.

What you've posted could be a solution, but it still doesn't solve the
problem that the OP is using dial-up and doesn't want to spend a lot of time
uploading the file. I guess it depends on the definition of "a lot of time"
but video files, no matter what format, tend to get big in a hurry.

"Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in message
> I understand what you mean. People he is looking for a virtual camera, or
> clarify this he wants a driver that will make windows think it is a real
> cammera but he will connect a video file to the virtual camera instead of
> getting the image from a real web cam.
> For instance he wants to make netmeeting show his video instead of a web
> cam.
> This is theoretically possible and is a valid question. I dont see why
some
> people here cannot understand it.
>
> There are drivers for virtual cds, that make your ISO file look like its a
> cdrom connected to your computer, why not have a virtual camera?
>
> --
>
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
> _____________
> Kenny S
> www.computerboom.net
> FREE programs and MORE!
>
> ---
>
> "N" <kk@kk.co> wrote in message
> > all answers are 101 % Irrelevent and just a joke on me ( i think ) i
> simply
> > asked for a virtual type camera , a software based camera that runs no
> local
> > pc ( again a software not a hardware camera ) and it captures whatevere
it
> > is set to capture. this capturing should be like a real
camere............
> > heard in some magazine a (almost ) year ago that there is some software
> that
> > would act as a camera i dont remmeber its name exactly neither i
remember
> > which magzine that was because there are a lot of magazines in the
> > library........ hope this would clearify the question
> >

> > "JBM" <jmanning95@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > So what your really looking for is a program that turns dialup into
> > > broadband.
> > >
> > > "N" <kk@kk.co> wrote in message
> > > also
> > please
> of

Read the OP, further down the page, he says the average
video is 1 hour and about 700 MB. He wants to send several
of these apparently.

On my dial up it tales about 5-7 minutes to download 1 MB.
700 x 5 = 3500 minutes, divide by 60 and you get 58.3 hours
per video. It is completely impractable and that is why I
suggested using CD-R and air transport.

Clearly, there is no cheap or simple way to do this. Sure
you can insert video clips into an IM, but to what end.

If the video was processed to remove the background to make
a green screen and then a high compression codec was used,
you might cut it to only 20 hours per 1 hour video. A
cable connection might get it to a 1-1 ratio.

Perhaps a witch or shaman could help.

Go here and look at the VCSETUP.exe

--

Hope this helps. Let us know.
_____________

---

"N" <kk@kk.co> wrote in message
> all answers are 101 % Irrelevent and just a joke on me ( i think ) i
simply
> asked for a virtual type camera , a software based camera that runs no
local
> pc ( again a software not a hardware camera ) and it captures whatevere it
> is set to capture. this capturing should be like a real camere............
> heard in some magazine a (almost ) year ago that there is some software
that
> would act as a camera i dont remmeber its name exactly neither i remember
> which magzine that was because there are a lot of magazines in the
> library........ hope this would clearify the question
>

> "JBM" <jmanning95@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > So what your really looking for is a program that turns dialup into
> > broadband.
> >
> > "N" <kk@kk.co> wrote in message
> > > i already told that i am using dialup and it is not so fast so i want
> > > avoid the downlading and uploading of 800 mb heafty download
> > also
> > > dont want to use the fedx or somother courier i..................so
> please
> > > tell me some sort of software that can work as a real camere instead
of
> > > caputring my pic it should capture local srtored media
> > >

> > > "Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm> wrote in message

---

GO here and see the vcsetup.exe

http://drn.digitalriver.com/category.php?id=188&SiteID=driverguide

Vandate Virtual Camera is a virtual software camera. It needs no hardware,it
can be a camera for MSN chat. It supports DirectX overlay Capture. It can
support 3 mainstream players(MsMedia Player,RealAudio and Flash) as its
video clip sources. It can be installed on WindowsNT/2000/XP(But not
supported Win 9X now). It can cheat some main application using it as a real
camera. Most popular IM software such as MSN Messenger, OICQ, PalTalk
support it as real time video chat tool. If you have no camera for IM
software such as MSN, Vandate Virtual Camera is a good choice for video
chat. If you already have a web cam, you can use Vandate Virtual Camera too.
Vandate Virtual Camera can easily switch its input to your real camera and
easily switch it out. Sometimes when you want to share your pictures or
capture desktop with your net friends or you want to play your movies/video
to them,you can use Vandate Virtual Camera. Vandate Virtual Camera give your
an easy way to safely share/capture your desktop, it need not restart system
after installing, no firewall problems, no p2p chat friends install and
configure problems(so everyone can easy/safety share desktop).

--

Hope this helps. Let us know.
_____________

---

"N" <kk@kk.co> wrote in message
> all answers are 101 % Irrelevent and just a joke on me ( i think ) i
simply
> asked for a virtual type camera , a software based camera that runs no
local
> pc ( again a software not a hardware camera ) and it captures whatevere it
> is set to capture. this capturing should be like a real camere............
> heard in some magazine a (almost ) year ago that there is some software
that
> would act as a camera i dont remmeber its name exactly neither i remember
> which magzine that was because there are a lot of magazines in the
> library........ hope this would clearify the question
>

> "JBM" <jmanning95@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > So what your really looking for is a program that turns dialup into
> > broadband.
> >
> > "N" <kk@kk.co> wrote in message
> > > i already told that i am using dialup and it is not so fast so i want
> > > avoid the downlading and uploading of 800 mb heafty download
> > also
> > > dont want to use the fedx or somother courier i..................so
> please
> > > tell me some sort of software that can work as a real camere instead
of
> > > caputring my pic it should capture local srtored media
> > >

> > > "Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm> wrote in message

try this one too

http://www.softaward.com/text/free-download-3172.html

--

Hope this helps. Let us know.
_____________

---

> GO here and see the vcsetup.exe
>
> http://drn.digitalriver.com/category.php?id=188&SiteID=driverguide
>
> Vandate Virtual Camera is a virtual software camera. It needs no
hardware,it
> can be a camera for MSN chat. It supports DirectX overlay Capture. It can
> support 3 mainstream players(MsMedia Player,RealAudio and Flash) as its
> video clip sources. It can be installed on WindowsNT/2000/XP(But not
> supported Win 9X now). It can cheat some main application using it as a
real
> camera. Most popular IM software such as MSN Messenger, OICQ, PalTalk
> support it as real time video chat tool. If you have no camera for IM
> software such as MSN, Vandate Virtual Camera is a good choice for video
> chat. If you already have a web cam, you can use Vandate Virtual Camera
too.
> Vandate Virtual Camera can easily switch its input to your real camera and
> easily switch it out. Sometimes when you want to share your pictures or
> capture desktop with your net friends or you want to play your
movies/video
> to them,you can use Vandate Virtual Camera. Vandate Virtual Camera give
your
> an easy way to safely share/capture your desktop, it need not restart
system
> after installing, no firewall problems, no p2p chat friends install and
> configure problems(so everyone can easy/safety share desktop).
>
> --
>
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
> _____________
> Kenny S
> www.computerboom.net
> FREE programs and MORE!
>
> ---
>
> "N" <kk@kk.co> wrote in message
> > all answers are 101 % Irrelevent and just a joke on me ( i think ) i
> simply
> > asked for a virtual type camera , a software based camera that runs no
> local
> > pc ( again a software not a hardware camera ) and it captures whatevere
it
> > is set to capture. this capturing should be like a real
camere............
> > heard in some magazine a (almost ) year ago that there is some software
> that
> > would act as a camera i dont remmeber its name exactly neither i
remember
> > which magzine that was because there are a lot of magazines in the
> > library........ hope this would clearify the question
> >

> > "JBM" <jmanning95@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > So what your really looking for is a program that turns dialup into
> > > broadband.
> > >
> > > "N" <kk@kk.co> wrote in message
> > > also
> > please
> of

http://www.soundmorning.com/

VirtualCamera - Simulate a webcam in your favourite IM software.

by - Adam

VirtualCamera is a unique program that works just like a real webcam.

It can stream pictures and movies from sources from your computer with
perfect quality and is compatible with many webcam based programs including
Instant Messengers such as MSN and Yahoo.

VirtualCamera also takes advantage of an existing webcam, which allows users
to switch between VirtualCamera and their webcam at a click of a button.

VirtualCamera also allows you to set up a sequence of images which allows
you to select certain parts of a picture or pictures and add them to the
sequence selection. The sequence of the selection can be chosen manually or
done by a time interval that you can choose. This is good for showing off
many pictures without touching a button and for showing a picture in
different sections.

This program is a solution for anyone wanting to share pictures and video
over the internet to friends and family with the added security and privacy
of knowing what content you're sending over the internet.

--

Hope this helps. Let us know.
_____________

---

"Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in message
> GO here and see the vcsetup.exe
>
> http://drn.digitalriver.com/category.php?id=188&SiteID=driverguide
>
> Vandate Virtual Camera is a virtual software camera. It needs no
hardware,it
> can be a camera for MSN chat. It supports DirectX overlay Capture. It can
> support 3 mainstream players(MsMedia Player,RealAudio and Flash) as its
> video clip sources. It can be installed on WindowsNT/2000/XP(But not
> supported Win 9X now). It can cheat some main application using it as a
real
> camera. Most popular IM software such as MSN Messenger, OICQ, PalTalk
> support it as real time video chat tool. If you have no camera for IM
> software such as MSN, Vandate Virtual Camera is a good choice for video
> chat. If you already have a web cam, you can use Vandate Virtual Camera
too.
> Vandate Virtual Camera can easily switch its input to your real camera and
> easily switch it out. Sometimes when you want to share your pictures or
> capture desktop with your net friends or you want to play your
movies/video
> to them,you can use Vandate Virtual Camera. Vandate Virtual Camera give
your
> an easy way to safely share/capture your desktop, it need not restart
system
> after installing, no firewall problems, no p2p chat friends install and
> configure problems(so everyone can easy/safety share desktop).
>
> --
>
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
> _____________
> Kenny S
> www.computerboom.net
> FREE programs and MORE!
>
> ---
>
> "N" <kk@kk.co> wrote in message
> > all answers are 101 % Irrelevent and just a joke on me ( i think ) i
> simply
> > asked for a virtual type camera , a software based camera that runs no
> local
> > pc ( again a software not a hardware camera ) and it captures whatevere
it
> > is set to capture. this capturing should be like a real
camere............
> > heard in some magazine a (almost ) year ago that there is some software
> that
> > would act as a camera i dont remmeber its name exactly neither i
remember
> > which magzine that was because there are a lot of magazines in the
> > library........ hope this would clearify the question
> >

> > "JBM" <jmanning95@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > So what your really looking for is a program that turns dialup into
> > > broadband.
> > >
> > > "N" <kk@kk.co> wrote in message
> > > also
> > please
> of

---

It can be done but with poor quality. He did not state that he did not want
video degradation.
He probably just wants someone to see it in any quality available and that
IS possible with a dial up modem.
Yes the quality will be low, but if he doesnt care then that is not a
problem.

You are talking about broadcast quality video in your post.
Of course that is not possible with a dial up.

--

Hope this helps. Let us know.
_____________

---

> [...]
> |
> | ---
> |
> | "N" <kk@kk.co> wrote in message
> | > all answers are 101 % Irrelevent and just a joke on me
> ( i think ) i
> | simply
> | > asked for a virtual type camera , a software based
> camera that runs no
> | local
> | > pc ( again a software not a hardware camera ) and it
> captures whatevere it
> | > is set to capture. this capturing should be like a real
> camere............
> | > heard in some magazine a (almost ) year ago that there
> is some software
> | that
> | > would act as a camera i dont remmeber its name exactly
> neither i remember
> | > which magzine that was because there are a lot of
> magazines in the
> | > library........ hope this would clearify the question

Not even broadcast quality, I'm thinking of 320x240 with a
frame rate of better than a couple of frames a minute. His
first post seemed to indicate that he want something better
than a cartoon flipbook.

| It can be done but with poor quality. He did not state
that he did not want
| video degradation.
| He probably just wants someone to see it in any quality
available and that
| IS possible with a dial up modem.
| Yes the quality will be low, but if he doesnt care then
that is not a
| problem.
|
| You are talking about broadcast quality video in your
post.
| Of course that is not possible with a dial up.
|
| --
|
| Hope this helps. Let us know.
| _____________
| Kenny S
| www.computerboom.net
| FREE programs and MORE!
|
| ---

in message
| > The issue is he has dial-up from a distance of 6,000
miles.
| > He can take his pictures with a still camera or a video
cam,
| > he can have software on a fast computer that will
compress
| > the frames and create a movie, but it will still take 24
| > hours to send one hour of poor quality video by dial up,
if
| > the connection can be kept in service.
| >
| > The TV news people spend millions of dollars monthly to
send
| > video from remote locations. Here in Kansas the TV
stations
| > buy trucks with antennas that send directly to
satellites in
| > orbit and these cost lots of money to operate and rent
time
| > on the network. They use microwave to send video
shorter
| > distances, but there is no free or even inexpensive
method
| > to send video 6,000 miles.
| >

| > "Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in message
| > | I understand what you mean. People he is looking for a
| > virtual camera, or to
| > | clarify this he wants a driver that will make windows
| > think it is a real
| > | cammera but he will connect a video file to the
virtual
| > camera instead of
| > | getting the image from a real web cam.
| > | For instance he wants to make netmeeting show his
video
| > instead of a web
| > | cam.
| > | This is theoretically possible and is a valid
question. I
| > dont see why some
| > | people here cannot understand it.
| > |
| > | There are drivers for virtual cds, that make your ISO
file
| > look like its a
| > | cdrom connected to your computer, why not have a
virtual
| > camera?
| > |
| > | --
| > |
| > | Hope this helps. Let us know.
| > | _____________
| > | Kenny S
| > | www.computerboom.net
| > | FREE programs and MORE!
| > |
| > | ---
| > |
| > | "N" <kk@kk.co> wrote in message
me
| > ( i think ) i
| > | simply
| > camera that runs no
| > | local
| > captures whatevere it
real
| > camere............
there
| > is some software
| > | that
exactly
| > neither i remember
| > magazines in the
question

| > turns dialup into

not
| > so fast so i want
heafty
| > download
| > i..................so
| > real camere instead
| > | of
| > media

<p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm>
than
| > dialup.

| > message

server
| > so that
| > Cerebrus makes a
in a
| > pinch.

| > |
| > | --
| > |
| > | Hope this helps. Let us know.
| > | _____________
| > | Kenny S
| > | www.computerboom.net
| > | FREE programs and MORE!
| > |
| > | ---
| > |
| > | "N" <kk@kk.co> wrote in message
me
| > ( i think ) i
| > | simply
| > camera that runs no
| > | local
| > captures whatevere it
real
| > camere............
there
| > is some software
| > | that
exactly
| > neither i remember
| > magazines in the
question

| > turns dialup into

not
| > so fast so i want
heafty
| > download
| > i..................so
| > real camere instead
| > | of
| > media

<p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm>
than
| > dialup.

| > message

server
| > so that
| > Cerebrus makes a
in a
| > pinch.

| > |
| > |

| It can be done but with poor quality. He did not state
that he did not want
| video degradation.
| He probably just wants someone to see it in any quality
available and that
| IS possible with a dial up modem.
| Yes the quality will be low, but if he doesnt care then
that is not a
| problem.
|
| You are talking about broadcast quality video in your
post.
| Of course that is not possible with a dial up.
|
| --
|
| Hope this helps. Let us know.
| _____________
| Kenny S
| www.computerboom.net
| FREE programs and MORE!
|
| ---

in message
| > The issue is he has dial-up from a distance of 6,000
miles.
| > He can take his pictures with a still camera or a video
cam,
| > he can have software on a fast computer that will
compress
| > the frames and create a movie, but it will still take 24
| > hours to send one hour of poor quality video by dial up,
if
| > the connection can be kept in service.
| >
| > The TV news people spend millions of dollars monthly to
send
| > video from remote locations. Here in Kansas the TV
stations
| > buy trucks with antennas that send directly to
satellites in
| > orbit and these cost lots of money to operate and rent
time
| > on the network. They use microwave to send video
shorter
| > distances, but there is no free or even inexpensive
method
| > to send video 6,000 miles.
| >

| > "Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in message
| > | I understand what you mean. People he is looking for a
| > virtual camera, or to
| > | clarify this he wants a driver that will make windows
| > think it is a real
| > | cammera but he will connect a video file to the
virtual
| > camera instead of
| > | getting the image from a real web cam.
| > | For instance he wants to make netmeeting show his
video
| > instead of a web
| > | cam.
| > | This is theoretically possible and is a valid
question. I
| > dont see why some
| > | people here cannot understand it.
| > |
| > | There are drivers for virtual cds, that make your ISO
file
| > look like its a
| > | cdrom connected to your computer, why not have a
virtual
| > camera?
| > |
| > | --
| > |
| > | Hope this helps. Let us know.
| > | _____________
| > | Kenny S
| > | www.computerboom.net
| > | FREE programs and MORE!
| > |
| > | ---
| > |
| > | "N" <kk@kk.co> wrote in message
me
| > ( i think ) i
| > | simply
| > camera that runs no
| > | local
| > captures whatevere it
real
| > camere............
there
| > is some software
| > | that
exactly
| > neither i remember
| > magazines in the
question

| > turns dialup into

not
| > so fast so i want
heafty
| > download
| > i..................so
| > real camere instead
| > | of
| > media

<p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm>
than
| > dialup.

| > message

server
| > so that
| > Cerebrus makes a
in a
| > pinch.

| > |
| > | --
| > |
| > | Hope this helps. Let us know.
| > | _____________
| > | Kenny S
| > | www.computerboom.net
| > | FREE programs and MORE!
| > |
| > | ---
| > |
| > | "N" <kk@kk.co> wrote in message
me
| > ( i think ) i
| > | simply
| > camera that runs no
| > | local
| > captures whatevere it
real
| > camere............
there
| > is some software
| > | that
exactly
| > neither i remember
| > magazines in the
question

| > turns dialup into

not
| > so fast so i want
heafty
| > download
| > i..................so
| > real camere instead
| > | of
| > media

<p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm>
than
| > dialup.

| > message

server
| > so that
| > Cerebrus makes a
in a
| > pinch.

| > |
| > |

ya dear that is wha ti wanted is there any such sort of software i coudl
have send that movie over any courier but that wont make my work done so
dont give me that sort of idea anyomre

> I understand what you mean. People he is looking for a virtual camera, or
> clarify this he wants a driver that will make windows think it is a real
> cammera but he will connect a video file to the virtual camera instead of
> getting the image from a real web cam.
> For instance he wants to make netmeeting show his video instead of a web
> cam.
> This is theoretically possible and is a valid question. I dont see why
some
> people here cannot understand it.
>
> There are drivers for virtual cds, that make your ISO file look like its a
> cdrom connected to your computer, why not have a virtual camera?
>
> --
>
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
> _____________
> Kenny S
> www.computerboom.net
> FREE programs and MORE!
>
> ---
>
> "N" <kk@kk.co> wrote in message
> > all answers are 101 % Irrelevent and just a joke on me ( i think ) i
> simply
> > asked for a virtual type camera , a software based camera that runs no
> local
> > pc ( again a software not a hardware camera ) and it captures whatevere
it
> > is set to capture. this capturing should be like a real
camere............
> > heard in some magazine a (almost ) year ago that there is some software
> that
> > would act as a camera i dont remmeber its name exactly neither i
remember
> > which magzine that was because there are a lot of magazines in the
> > library........ hope this would clearify the question
> >

> > "JBM" <jmanning95@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > So what your really looking for is a program that turns dialup into
> > > broadband.
> > >
> > > "N" <kk@kk.co> wrote in message
> > > also
> > please
> of

no provlem of quality i just wana do what Kenny S told ... Virtual Camera
like virtual cd-rom
> [...]
> > distances, but there is no free or even inexpensive method
> > to send video 6,000 miles.
> >

> > "Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in message
> > | I understand what you mean. People he is looking for a
> > virtual camera, or to
> > | clarify this he wants a driver that will make windows
> > think it is a real
> > | cammera but he will connect a video file to the virtual
> > camera instead of
> > | getting the image from a real web cam.
> > | For instance he wants to make netmeeting show his video
> > instead of a web
> > | cam.
> > | This is theoretically possible and is a valid question. I
> > dont see why some
> > | people here cannot understand it.
> > |
> > | There are drivers for virtual cds, that make your ISO file
> > look like its a
> > | cdrom connected to your computer, why not have a virtual

you can use something like real producer or emulive. they are streaming servers.
microsoft also has some "Streaming software" but I forget what it's called and where it is. (Sorry microsoft for forgeting)