Sign in with
Your question

SATA hard drive

Last response: in Storage
January 7, 2011 10:46:12 PM

Hello,
My gateway pc did not recognize a new added 2 TB SATA hard drive, I understand that I will have to update the BIOS driver, but Gateway wants to charge me $120.00 for their instructions. Can any body help?

More about : sata hard drive

a b G Storage
January 7, 2011 10:55:37 PM

Hi Dzungt,

Can you provide more information as to why the BIOS driver is required for the drive to be recognized? The following steps to check your drive is for Windows operating systems:

1. Find the computer icon on your desktop or under the start menu, right click, manage.

2. Select the disk management and check to see if the hard drive has been initialized/formatted.

Hope this helps you with your question!
m
l
January 8, 2011 1:10:06 AM

icy dock said:
Hi Dzungt,

Can you provide more information as to why the BIOS driver is required for the drive to be recognized? The following steps to check your drive is for Windows operating systems:

1. Find the computer icon on your desktop or under the start menu, right click, manage.

2. Select the disk management and check to see if the hard drive has been initialized/formatted.

Hope this helps you with your question!

It helped, thank you so much.

WD told me that I have to update my BIOS, I call Gateway, my PC's manufactor, they wanted to charge me more than $100.00 for their instructions.
I am going to stay away from Gateway products.
m
l
a b G Storage
January 8, 2011 2:15:25 AM

I'm guessing you have an older PC that won't recognize a larger HD. I would no way spend that much money for upgrading the BIOS on an old PC. You could buy a new motherboard for that kind of money (what kind of processor do you have now?)
m
l
Related resources
!