External battery charger, need help

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
Share
April 4, 2004 8:30:11 AM

I have a Compaq Presario 1510T which is Really an Evo N100C, as I just
discovered...

My AC adapter does not charge the batteries any longer. Gave it in to
fix, but it couldn't be fixed for some reason.
Is there an external battery charger that would work with this model
(also compatible with Presario 900, 1500 and 2800 series)?

The only one I found was by Compaq and cost $600 new and about $300
used. There must be something cheaper to be found, I hope. I've seen
external Toshiba chargers for about $120.00, new. HELP, please!
Thanks.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
April 5, 2004 6:29:21 PM

Nina wrote...
> I have a Compaq Presario 1510T which is Really an Evo N100C, as I just
> discovered...
>
> My AC adapter does not charge the batteries any longer. Gave it in to
> fix, but it couldn't be fixed for some reason.
> Is there an external battery charger that would work with this model
> (also compatible with Presario 900, 1500 and 2800 series)?
>
> The only one I found was by Compaq and cost $600 new and about $300
> used. There must be something cheaper to be found, I hope. I've seen
> external Toshiba chargers for about $120.00, new. HELP, please!
> Thanks.

Are you sure that it's the charger and not the battery? AFAIK some smart
batteries can have the charging regulation circuitry and software built into
the battery pack. Could be worth trying to borrow a battery pack and seeing
it your notebook can charge it.

David
April 5, 2004 6:29:22 PM

> Are you sure that it's the charger and not the battery?...
>
> David

David,
I found another battery that has 70% charge in it, so, it's clearly
not dead. The laptop wouldn't charge it either. So, I am fairly
sure...
!