Good AM3 cooler.

WaywardX

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2010
Hey guys, if i were looking for a good cooler for my AM3 MoBo what would you recomend? If at all possible, i would like it to clip to the standard AM3 mount, as i am not too keen on completely dis-assembling my rig to install it, but if its worth if for price/performance ratio i guess i can bite the bullet. Looking to spend anywhere between 30 and 60 bucks, so hit me with whatever you think is best!! thanks in advance.

Solution
Hi.

If you want something good, you will have to disable the AM3 mounting cooler for the new one.

For $30 the Hyper 212+ is excellent choice but since your budget is more flexible, Titan Fenrir, Venomous X and Thermalright Archon are very good coolers.
Hi.

If you want something good, you will have to disable the AM3 mounting cooler for the new one.

For $30 the Hyper 212+ is excellent choice but since your budget is more flexible, Titan Fenrir, Venomous X and Thermalright Archon are very good coolers.

Solution
Your case should have a CPU cut out hole in the back.Depending on the heatsink you shouldn't have to take out the mobo to install it.

Are you just looking for a better cooler than the stock heatsink or are you trying to O.C.?How high of an O.C. if you are?

I too would reccomend the Hyper 212+.For the price and performance you can't really beat it.

WaywardX

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2010
Not really aiming to OC that much, might try just because i can, but probably only to3.5 on my X4 925. More so i am asking for my girlfriend as she wants to unlock and OC her 555 BE. I'll most likely go with the Hyper 212 on account of both our cases have a big cutout on them, i was just seeing if there was a decent cooler with clips for an AMD socket on them, thanks for all the replies guys.