Time to update - Havock Capable Graphics Cards?

xray1000

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009
I'm getting ready to purchase / build a new PC. With that in mind, I'm a fan of Blizzard's Diablo line and I've read on their site that Diablo3 will make use of the Havock graphics engine. I was wondering if anyone knew of a specific card which handles the Havock engine.

The last thing I want to do is spend a bunch of money and wind up with a system which won't handle the game.

TIA

Ray

Euphoria_MK

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2009
Pretty much Havock is run on the CPU right now, althought ATI has mentioned that their cards will enable GPU acceleration of Havok with their future drivers.... So I guess is just matter of time before they enable Havok acceleration on ATI's GPU.
They did some demonstrations on the last conference and they did it on a 48oo cards series,

xray1000

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009
Thanks, Euphoria. I'd rather have an Nvidia card, but if ATI is the one leading that direction, maybe I'll go that route.

Amg

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2008
there acturly alot of games that have HOVOCK values grouping does for a start, only a handfull have physicsX

ATI are alot of card for buck and they are very capable cards. but ethoir are good company, lets put it this way its not discracfull going with ATI