First time Watercooling

barflow

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2011
So this will be my first time watercooling. I have the ASUS Crosshair IV Formula, AMD1090T, and the ASUS Radeon 6970 GPU. Of course I will need water blocks and koolance has some sweet ones. I will get the waterblocks and the pump/control/reservoir combo that koolance has (unless you suggest something else)...What else do I need? What size hose? How much of it? What size radiator? Are there nozzles the hoses connect to that connect to the waterblocks I need to get and how universal are these?

THANKS for the help everyone.

Some knowledge of what you're talking about.
Start here
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/256607-29-watercooling-read-first
There are other links provided there, spend a little time reading them and you won't need to ask such basic questions.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Yeah...stickies first. I have a lot of other links posted in my signature. Koolance makes some decent waterblocks; outside of that...eh. Some of their pumps are rebranded Laing DDC and D5 variants, which are good...also known widely as the MCP655 and MCP350/355/35x.

All of what you are asking is covered in great detail among the many links...give yourself plenty of time to become familiar with what you need. Once you get it all down, it's a lot easier to help with those questions that cover different concepts.

Good luck.