Attila_the_pun

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2009
I am looking to buy this PSU, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...139006&cm_sp=DailyDeal-_-17-139-006-_-Product, for a build that I will be doing probably towards the end of this year. I am currently under the impression that power supplies do not change much over time, however is it likely that anything will be changing in the near future that would make it a bad idea to buy this PSU now or require that I use an adapter later?
Thanks in advance!

Solution
Attila - I just had a thought about sale prices later in the year. If you are in the USA, then you could wait until Thanksgiving Day in November. The really big day is the Friday after Thanksgiving Day which is the start of the Christmas Holiday shopping season. There have been quite a few bargain prices in the past plus free shipping, and mail-in rebates. It might be worth the wait.

stevensl2

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2009
Make your purchase now, It's a very high quality Psu, and you're right. Psu's don't change much over time.

I had this Psu before, It's now in my PhenomII Rig, very quiet! comes with a neat little bag too!
Definitely a good deal, 119$ is a great price for this Psu a steal I would even say.

Good Choice. The Corsair power supply can easily handle two video cards operating in dual mode. Corsair has a reputation for high quality, reliability, and stability. Corsair has consistently earned high marks in technical reviews.

I do not have a crystal ball and connot predict with any certainty if power connections might change in the future. If they do, you can be sure someone will be offering adapter cables.

huron

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2007
I wouldn't buy something to just sit on the shelf for a few months. There are always deals/specials/rebates out there. I often see the PC Power & Cooling 750w for $80 after rebate as well.

It's not a bad idea to buy it, but it's not necessary to rush right in either. Nothing major should be changing, as long as it has the necessary power adapters for your system (how do you know if you haven't eyeballed it yet?). Make sure there are enough PCIE connectors and enough power on those rails.

Corsair makes good PSUs, but I'd make sure I was getting what I needed for my system, not try to make my system fit for the PSU I chose.

Attila - I just had a thought about sale prices later in the year. If you are in the USA, then you could wait until Thanksgiving Day in November. The really big day is the Friday after Thanksgiving Day which is the start of the Christmas Holiday shopping season. There have been quite a few bargain prices in the past plus free shipping, and mail-in rebates. It might be worth the wait.

Solution

Attila_the_pun

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2009

Thanks, I will go with your advice!