Sign in with
Your question

Top three silent cpu coolers

Last response: in Overclocking
March 16, 2011 10:29:36 PM

Hi guys,I want to buy a silent cpu cooler!these cause cause when i play a game i have too mutch noise!
I have a AMD phenom II 955 box and a gigabyte motherboard AM3 and a coolermaster psu silent pro 600watt!
I checked for coolermaster v6gt but i think its siunds noisy!
I dont want to overcloak it!I just wanna play silent mode :sol: 
If anyone can help i would appreciated!

thanks for your time!!

More about : top silent cpu coolers

a c 125 à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
March 17, 2011 1:46:48 AM

here ya go pick best cooling, low noise or even low profile.

Please check the reviews the quietest is not always enough quieter to justify the lower performance.

http://www.frostytech.com/top5heatsinks.cfm
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
March 17, 2011 4:59:36 AM

What coolor do you have now?Just the stock one?
Related resources
March 17, 2011 7:32:30 AM

thank you all for your ansers especially nukemaster!yes i have the stock one but in these reviews does not support the silent one AM3 socket!
Iam thinking of taking coolermaster to v6gt and set it in low speed!Do you think it will work?
P.S i cannot find theese heatsink in the reviews hard to find iam in europe!
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
March 17, 2011 9:17:05 AM

The V6 has a decible range of 15 on the lowest setting,up to 38 on high.15db is really quiet.As long as your not O.C.ing you shouldn't have any problems running it on low.
But if your not O.C.ing why pay so much for a silent heatsink?
Why not get a Hyper212+ and put it on it's lowest fan settings.The low for the Hyper212+ is 13db,which is even quieter than the V6.On second thought you could just buy the Hyper212+ and put some really silent fans on it and it would still be cheaper than the V6.
a c 120 à CPUs
a c 183 K Overclocking
March 17, 2011 11:09:10 AM

The quietest coolers out of the box are Scythe,Thermalright,and Noctua.
These companies have built their reputations on quiet cooling.
March 17, 2011 8:01:05 PM

well i guess i serched a bit of more! so finally think i would take Corsair Hydro Series H50 CPU Cooler for about the same money from amazon about 65 euro!this is silent!
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
March 17, 2011 8:18:26 PM

nukemaster said:
here ya go pick best cooling, low noise or even low profile.

Please check the reviews the quietest is not always enough quieter to justify the lower performance.

http://www.frostytech.com/top5heatsinks.cfm

Frostytech is about as useful as frosty the snowman. Their tests are innacurate, their ratings are just wrong. Period. They don't even use the manufacturers thermal paste that comes with the fans when they test them, they use their own, on all of them. Yes that's right, they use the same thermal paste to test every single fan they test. Even though many of the coolers they test are made of different materials, negating any advantage a manufacturer might have by using a certain paste with their cooler. Ceramic, aluminum, copper, etc.
However I guess the noise chart is about the only useful thing on their site.

To tell you the truth, a silent cooling fan is not going to cool well at all because it's not moving air. Besides, don't you turn on the sound when your playing games? I mean when I'm playing, I couldn't hear any fan's in the computer unless I put my head right next to it.

If you insist on a silent cooler (of course then wouldn't you need a silent psu and a silent graphics cooler as well?) get a Corsair H50/70
a c 120 à CPUs
a c 183 K Overclocking
March 17, 2011 8:56:39 PM

Chris84 said:
well i guess i serched a bit of more! so finally think i would take Corsair Hydro Series H50 CPU Cooler for about the same money from amazon about 65 euro!this is silent!

How do you figure it still needs fans for the rads.
The H50 is frankly crap and the H70 is a bit better.
You could have a better air-cooler for the costs of the Corsair Hydro's.
Won't really matter how silent your cpu cooler is once you start gaming anyways.
I guarantee the gpu fan will be louder than any other fan in your case.
I agree with GeekApproved assessment of Frostytech btw their review are terrible based on methodology alone.
a c 125 à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
March 18, 2011 12:32:21 AM

geekapproved said:
Frostytech is about as useful as frosty the snowman. Their tests are innacurate, their ratings are just wrong. Period. They don't even use the manufacturers thermal paste that comes with the fans when they test them, they use their own, on all of them. Yes that's right, they use the same thermal paste to test every single fan they test. Even though many of the coolers they test are made of different materials, negating any advantage a manufacturer might have by using a certain paste with their cooler. Ceramic, aluminum, copper, etc.
However I guess the noise chart is about the only useful thing on their site.

To tell you the truth, a silent cooling fan is not going to cool well at all because it's not moving air. Besides, don't you turn on the sound when your playing games? I mean when I'm playing, I couldn't hear any fan's in the computer unless I put my head right next to it.

If you insist on a silent cooler (of course then wouldn't you need a silent psu and a silent graphics cooler as well?) get a Corsair H50/70

While i agree it offsets the charts.

I would not say that quiet coolers are always going to cool bad. if you get enough heatsink area, you can get by with far less air flow then a small heatsink?

I linked frosty for one reason, noise measurements, those are fairly accurate.
March 18, 2011 7:47:09 AM

well, thanks for the reply,
I have coolermaster silent pro 600 watt and it is silent and i mean very silent!
for the the graphic card i have the gigabyte gtx 260 super overclocked edition!
the sound form grphic card is almost silent!but the annoying thing is when i run game the stock cooler from AMD is going crazy and i have to raise sound to hear the voices!I have a 23 lg led monitor so i run in resolution 1920x1080 and full grpahics!So the cpu is running at its full!Also i am planning connecting my pc to my television a samsung led 40 ', so i guess my cpu will take on fire runnig in high resolution and of course my gpu.The other things about the air coolers is that they are too huge, i am afraid that they wont fit in may case or i would have problems with the ram witch they would cover for sure!Yesterday i saw from corsair that in this month they release the H60, i saw in two reviews that it is has lower db from h50 and h70 better temprature than h50 and close to h70! i think I will w8 for h60!the H series I like cose they they are not huge and they do their job! i dont want to overclock!
a b à CPUs
March 18, 2011 1:31:55 PM

Unless you are changing the resolution, monitor size has nothing to do with GPU or CPU usage. :non:  It takes no more computing power to run 1920X1080 on a 40 inch TV than on a 23 inch monitor at the same resolution.
!