Cooling 2 way sli gtx 260s

kfuhs

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009
Hi I'm building my first computer and I was wondering what kind of cooling is neccesary to run 2 gtx 260s with sli. I have a nzxt tempest case with four 120 mm fans and two 140mm fans is that enough?

Solution
To change the way fans blow just phyically flip them, most fans can be mounted both ways. if your unsure which way it will blow when its on just use trial and error by mounting them, turning on the system and using a peice of paper checking if its blowing out or sucking in.

LordOfTheGeeks

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2008
that seems like it would be fine, just make sure that you have some blowing in and some out. Usally blow in at the bottem and blowing out at the top (hot air rises). Are the cards going to be right next to each other on the motherboard or is there two slots between them? because that also would help alot.

LordOfTheGeeks

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2008
To change the way fans blow just phyically flip them, most fans can be mounted both ways. if your unsure which way it will blow when its on just use trial and error by mounting them, turning on the system and using a peice of paper checking if its blowing out or sucking in.

Solution