Sign in with
Your question

Do i need a CPU cooler???

Last response: in Overclocking
March 17, 2011 7:37:10 AM

Do i need a CPU cooler???/

Can anyone enlightn me about CPU coolers???/ Wat is it anyway>>???

my specs
CPU-E7500 @ 2.93ghz(no oc)
MOBO- ASUS P5QPL AM
2Gb DDR2 @ 667mhz
seagate barracuda 500gb 7200.13
Xfx 9600GT 512
zebronics 600w PSU(12v at 27A)

More about : cpu cooler

a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
March 17, 2011 10:44:57 AM

A CPU cooler is that little round heatsink on your motherboard. Those who choose to overclock their processors in order to gain faster computing will usually, but not always, replace that heatsink with a better one in order to keep the CPU from overheating - which shortens it's lifespan.
Your E7500 has headroom for overclocking, as noted by it's 74° tCase maximum. If you don't OC, then no, you don't need a better cooler.
If you do decide to OC, knowing your CPU temps is critical. You can download many programs that provide this information, my favorite is HWMonitor. It's free. So is CPU-Z, another handy tool.
m
l
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
March 17, 2011 11:00:32 AM

A heastink is what keep your processor from overheating.

Do you need one?That all depends on what your trying to do.If your going to O.C., your more than likely going to need an aftermarket heatsink.
m
l
Related resources
March 24, 2011 6:39:51 AM

Noworldorder said:
A CPU cooler is that little round heatsink on your motherboard. Those who choose to overclock their processors in order to gain faster computing will usually, but not always, replace that heatsink with a better one in order to keep the CPU from overheating - which shortens it's lifespan.
Your E7500 has headroom for overclocking, as noted by it's 74° tCase maximum. If you don't OC, then no, you don't need a better cooler.
If you do decide to OC, knowing your CPU temps is critical. You can download many programs that provide this information, my favorite is HWMonitor. It's free. So is CPU-Z, another handy tool.

no im nt OC so i thnk i dont need it...thanx
m
l
a c 139 à CPUs
a c 242 K Overclocking
March 24, 2011 7:20:47 AM

pa2 said:
Do i need a CPU cooler???

yes you need a CPU cooler, if you're not using your computer how to live without it :D 
m
l
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
March 24, 2011 8:34:16 AM

pa2 said:
no im nt OC so i thnk i dont need it...thanx
You are welcome.
m
l
!