MSI GTX 275 896mb Twinfrozr
6GB of DDR3 memory
1TB HDD
plus other miscellanous parts...

I'm looking at these 3 in particular,

CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W

ZALMAN ZM750-Heatpipe 750W

PC Power and Cooling Silencer 750w

Any ideas on a casing as well? I'm choosing between a Coolermaster Storm Scout, CM Storm Sniper, or NZXT Tempest...

jonsy2k

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2009
Out of those 3, the corsair is cheaper by a pretty large margin, I would definitely go with that since its a top knotch manufacturer.

The pcpc one is great also, but at that price, I wouldn't even consider it over the corsair.

I picked up my silencer 750 for just 90 bucks a few months ago after rebate, great deal.

If you shop around, you might find some more deals, and dont forget the bing cashback.

IMO, I really like the storm scout, just the right size, great design, plenty of space and places for more fans. I'm also a sucker for the painted inside as well.

Plus, it can be had for just 90 on amazon i believe.

Newf

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2005
Case choice is as much a personal statement as it is the "right" answer. All are good choices.
I'd avoid the Zalman psu given that you are considering the other 2.
Price says get the Corsair. There's nothing wrong with it. It is reliable, stable and powerful enough for what you need. I like the PC P&P and own one. I bought it for less than it's going for now though. Check your wallet and flip a coin.
You are choosing among all good products.

voodoohao

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2008
sweet thanks for the replies! I'm probably gonna get my rig next month once I have my paycheck heh. Still finalizing some of the other parts though...