hi there , im tony and i have a major dilemma here. hoping someone can help.
I have a comp i built myself:
Motherboard: ASUS Rampage Formula
CPU: Intel 2Quad Core Q9450 2.66 775 12M R
Memory: Corsair (4 sticks of 1 gig) TWIN2X2048-8500C5D R
Power Supply: Cooler-Master 1000w
Graphic Card: EVGA 1Gig 9800GX2
computer working great for 6 months, then all the sudden....
- My monitor just sits in standby and show (no signal)
- My little LCD poster shows DET DRAM
What i've done to fix so far:
i have submitted an RMA on just about everything...
- first, because my screen just sat on standby, i replaced the monitor, (still stuck on standby and DET DRAM) plugged in analog and digital, still nothing - i did test it on my laptop and it works fine in analog mode.
- next i replaced the graphix card with a brand new one same model (still stuck on standby and DET DRAM)
- next i replaced the memory. Also tried sticking just one piece in the first slot only.. (still stuck on standby and DET DRAM)
- next i replaced the motherboard itself - got a brand new one (still stuck on standby and DET DRAM)
- next i replaced the CPU (still stuck on standby and DET DRAM)
- I did not replace the power supply altough i have unplugged the comp and unplugged each part of the power supply and plugged it back in and powered up (still stuck on standby and DET DRAM)
im at a total loss here and am pulling my hair out one by one! please someone help!
thanks in advance
Okay like to see how when it don't boot, does it beep I guess not, what I did with mine just to check to see it hasen't done the striker 2 formular sydrome was to boot without the RAM sticks if the mobo is indeed alive and kicking it will scream through the speacker, if that happens your mobo is fine.
put one RAM stick in the first slot if possible some coolers like the titan block it
it will than boot up do not chance the BIOS settings at all make sure you have a flash drive (USB PEN STICK) and downlaod the latest BIOS reviosn use the EZ flash on the mobo in its BIOS and follow instructions(its simple) let it do that, than check the version (just to make sure it will tell you when you push "del" than set up your memory (add more sticks whatever)