Network Adapter lost in device manager

sweeyang

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2009
My network adapter in the device manager had lost after a thunder storm?A very loud and big thunder and my pc is on that time. I don't know whether thunder had broken it?Or because I shut down the windows with straight pulling out the cabel?Anyone pls help?I'm using a motherboard built-in adapter : Athesos Lan 1g Gigabyte in Asus P5k Se/EPU mobo. Operating System : Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit. Between my modem had spoiled due to that thunder shock and I bought a new one, same with no network connection in my pc but the modem works well in another pc. Need help. I had explore the device manager in safe mode and the device manager did showed the Network adapter.There are something like WAN Miniport PPoE and more WAN Miniport but I don't understand why it did'nt showed the Ethernet adapter name I'm using?But in the normal windows, the Netweok adapter in the device manager is totally missing.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

TomsSound

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2003
check your bios. (normally f10 , f2 , delete at POST / bootup
)Make sure it didn't become disabled somehow.

If that doesnt work

Try this
Go to control panel, Add Hardware.
Force Windows to scan for hardware.

If neither of those options work.
More than likely you have a bad NIC and will need to either replace your motherboard or the easier way is to buy a seperate Network Adapter and add it to your system (PCI or PCI Express Card).