Windows XP - in filmstrip view it keeps jumping back to the beginning of the lis

RelaxninTucson

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2011
Hello,
I am trying to sort through folders containing 50 - 500 picture files. I want to use the filmstrip view so that I can tell if I need to rotate or delete images. The problem is that I get 30 seconds into scrolling through the photos and all of a sudden it jumps back to the beginning of the list. Then I have to scroll across to find where I left off. It seems to happen in 30 second to 1 minute intervals. How can I stop it from refreshing and going back to the beginning of the list???

Custom built computer
Windows XP SP2

Cyberat_88

Distinguished
First if I were you I would upgrade to SP3, there is no reason to stay with an earlier, buggier service pack, look at fixes, maybe SP3 already neutralized that.
If it's not the service pack, swap KP, maybe a locking home key but that would surface in all programs you run. Joystick sometimes gives input, when either not calibrated or used up to the point it makes constant contact on one of it's positions. Mouse might be a culprit too. Troubleshoot by removing each one individually and try to reproduce the error each time.

me 1

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2010
I know this is not a solution , but maybe you'll get used to it...
Try Irfanview.

I can view big thubnails of all images in any folder, then while seeing the thubnails, I can easy do what I want with them from the menu or combinaton key. I use it to view largelly all images in a folder ,and I can also rotate, resize, add gamma, delete, save to another location, etc, the same time...

Here:
http://www.irfanview.com/

one_gjk

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
Thank you, Cyber and me 1. I ended up upgrading to Windows 7 Professional, which was probably long overdue. That did fix the problem, though it's rather like cutting my nose off to spite my face. :)