GA-EX58-UD4P vs EVGA X58 SLi & SLI Classified

Hi there, im shopping around to build up a new PC and at the moment im stuck with motehreborad choices. Currently the System im thinking of consists of:

CPU : i7 920
GPU : ATI 4890
Ram : 6gig DDR3
PSU : Vantec Ion2+As van 700 AS
Mobo : between the Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD4P & the EVGA X58 SLI and SLI Classified

If anyone can help me with this decision i would appreciate it. Also any comments on the build would also be appreciated as im struggling with the GPU's as swell, was thinking of maybe 2 x ATI 4770 or any other recommendations???? :pt1cable:
8 answers Last reply
More about ex58 ud4p evga classified
  1. Depending on price and availability, maybe you should take interest in the new 5000 series of video card. A single 5770 will perform close to a set of 4770 cards in XFire, and the 5850 will perform better than the 4890, but for more money. With the 5000s, you also get DX11 (but no games uses it right now).

As for the MB, I would definitely go with the GA-EX58-UD4P. Gigabyte is a good company and the board supports both XFire and SLI where the EVGA's support only SLI.
  2. whats your budget ?
  3. thanx for the replys.

Well my budget is about R12 000 RSA Rands. i actually looked at the ASUS Rampage ii GENE and that looks like an amazing board for even less than the Gigabyte.

About the Graphics cards ill look into it, as im probably going to use the Xfire very soon. All just depending on my budget. Oh and the power supply should be enough hay? only running 1 DVD writer and 1 500gig SATA hardrive as well?
  4. Not a big fan of the "no brand" PSUs, try to find something from Antec or Corsair and if you want to check how much power to expect, try the PSU calculator.
  5. ok kwl, I thought vantec was quite a big name? or reasonably hahaha. Looking at the HD 5850 OMW what a card and its only a bit more than the 4890. Which brand should be good Sapphire, XTX, ASUS??? I like the Sapphire
  6. Ok that PSU Calculator only has the 5870 so i put 3 of those in and it still only came out to 694 watts. With 2 it was 618 with the i7 920 overclocked to 3.1GHz at 1.3Vcore.
  7. How would a Corsair HX 750 do? Although it only has 1 12V rail rated at 62 amps? 4 pci-e cable 8pin(6pin+2pin)???
  8. If 2 cards was ~620W, then yes a 750W is more than enough. BTW, for price you might want to consider the 750TX instead of the 750HX, the later being modular, but pricier.

As for brand of ATI card, the 3 are acceptable, the only one I would avoid is probably PowerColor.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards EVGA SLI Build