Sign in with
Your question

"detecting drives; done; no drivers found" HELP

Last response: in Storage
January 8, 2011 9:33:44 PM

Hello,

I bought myself computer parts and assembled them for the first time about 3 months ago.

It has been working great, blazing fast, but one day, I put it to sleep, then came back, and It wouldn't wake back up.

So I had to turn it off by switching off the power supply, because the reboot button, the power button, none of them worked

Then when I turned it back on, it said "detecting drives; done; no drivers found"

and then it would say "the last attempt to resume the system from its previous location failed. Attempt to resume again?"

with these two choices:

- continue with system resume

- delete restoration data and proceed to system boot menu

When I clicked the first option, it tried to load up, but nothing showed up, except a black, blueish screen.

when I clicked the second option, it checked for my Hard Drive's consistancy, and a while later, it rebooted.

Thankfully everything is fine now, but what's wrong with my computer? and What should I do to fix it?

Should I get an extra hard drive, or a external hard drive for back up?

Thank you so much

More about : detecting drives drivers found

January 8, 2011 11:28:31 PM

yes, I would suggest getting an external HDD for backup. They always come in handy in case things go wrong!
m
l
January 19, 2011 1:37:32 AM

I sent my corrupted hard drive to Rapid Data Recovery. This afforded me with a greater percentage recovery. Rapid did not charge me for the diagnostic service and Rapid recovered the majority of my data. Can recommend.
m
l
Related resources
!