Command-line registry edits

I know I can put the entries I want into a file and execute it, but it asks
for 2 user-inputs ('are you sure' and 'has been done'). Is there a way to
make this totally silent & non-interactive? I have some adjustments I'd
like to push out without requing user interaction.

Thanks,

Kevin
KStirnger@hu-Friedy.com
3 answers Last reply
More about command line registry edits

    Hi Kevin,

    If you're using REG file, add the /s parameter (regedit.exe /s filename.reg)

    --
    Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    AumHa VSOP: http://www.aumha.org

    "Kevin L. Stringer" <Kevin_Stringer@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23urOe5iUEHA.1952@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
    I know I can put the entries I want into a file and execute it, but it asks
    for 2 user-inputs ('are you sure' and 'has been done'). Is there a way to
    make this totally silent & non-interactive? I have some adjustments I'd
    like to push out without requing user interaction.

    Thanks,

    Kevin
    KStirnger@hu-Friedy.com

    Thanks! That was way too easy...

    Hi Kevin,

    If you're using REG file, add the /s parameter (regedit.exe /s filename.reg)

    --
    Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User
    http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k

    AumHa VSOP: http://www.aumha.org

    "Kevin L. Stringer" <Kevin_Stringer@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    I know I can put the entries I want into a file and execute it, but it asks
    for 2 user-inputs ('are you sure' and 'has been done'). Is there a way to
    make this totally silent & non-interactive? I have some adjustments I'd
    like to push out without requing user interaction.

    Thanks,

    Kevin
    KStirnger@hu-Friedy.com

    Welcome.

    --

    "Kevin L. Stringer" <Kevin_Stringer@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OHAOxSJVEHA.3944@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
    Thanks! That was way too easy...

    Hi Kevin,

    If you're using REG file, add the /s parameter (regedit.exe /s filename.reg)

    --
    Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User
    http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k

    AumHa VSOP: http://www.aumha.org

    "Kevin L. Stringer" <Kevin_Stringer@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    I know I can put the entries I want into a file and execute it, but it asks
    for 2 user-inputs ('are you sure' and 'has been done'). Is there a way to
    make this totally silent & non-interactive? I have some adjustments I'd
    like to push out without requing user interaction.

    Thanks,

    Kevin
    KStirnger@hu-Friedy.com

Configuration Registry Command Line Windows XP